Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Author: International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), UNDP, The Prince of Wales International Business Leaders Forum (IBLF)
[winners: Aavishkaar India Micro Venture Capital Fund, Merck, EcoLogic Finance, GlaxoSmithKline, Health Care Logistics, VidaGas, Cemex, SOLO, Eczacibasi-Georgia-Pacific / Ipek kagit, Banco Real (part of ABN AMRO), Tetra Pak. Highly commended: Anglo...
- Related stories: 10 companies awarded for contribution to UN Millennium Development Goals: winners include Merck, ABN Ambro, GlaxoSmithKline, TetraPak
- Related companies: ABN Amro Anglo American Banco Real (part of Santander) Brandix Cemex Eskom Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) GlaxoSmithKline Macy's Merck Reliance Industries Starbucks Tetra Laval Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval)
Author: Tetra Pak
Author: Tetra Pak
Our engagement in recycling bore fruit as we increased beverage carton recycling by 2 billion packages to a total of 18 billion. We also undertook development, with industry partners, of a recycling technology that enables each part of the carton to...
Author: Financial Times
As world leaders gather in New York to review progress on meeting goals to halve extreme poverty by 2015, the FT looks at the arguments in favour of a commercial approach to development issues. [Supplement contains several articles. Companies...
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories BP Chiquita Citigroup EDF Levi Strauss Marks & Spencer Nestlé Nike npower (part of RWE) Procter & Gamble Rio Tinto RWE Shell Standard Chartered Sumitomo Chemical (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Tetra Laval Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval) Thames Water (part of RWE) Unilever
Large companies such as truckmaker Volvo, Swiss-Swedish engineering group ABB, and packaging firm Tetra Pak have soaked up the benefits of Saudi Arabia's booming economy, but also sometimes adhere to local rules that violate the rights of their...
- Related stories: SwedWatch report alleges Swedish companies in Saudi Arabia are violating workers' rights
- Related companies: ABB Tetra Laval Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval)
Author: W. Day, S. Gandhi & J. Giersing, United Nations Development Programme
Inspired by the 2002 Global Compact Policy Dialogue on “Business and Sustainable Development”, UNDP developed the GSB [Growing Sustainable Business Initiative] to facilitate business-led enterprise solutions to poverty in advancement of the Millennium...
[PDF] executive summary: "Just Another Commodity? A Report on the Situation of Migrant Workers and Swedish companies in Saudi Arabia"
[refers to Volvo Trucks (part of Volvo), ABB, Tetra Pak, Arla Foods, AlRashid-Abetong (joint venture AlRashid Trading & Contracting and Abetong, part of Heidelberg Cement), Saudi Crawford Doors (part of Cardo Door).] [Includes positions of the...