Headquarters in USA
[PDF] Second Amended Petition [to Inter-American Commission on Human Rights] and Petitioners' Observations on the Government's Reply Concerning the United States Government's Failure to Protect the Human Rights of the Residents of Mossville, Louisiana,...
Author: Nathalie Walker & Monique Harden of Advocates for Environmental Human Rights, for petitioners Mossville Environmental Action Now & residents of Mossville
People living in Mossville suffer from severe health problems, elevated levels of cancer-causing and hormone-disrupting chemicals, a devastated environment, and a deteriorated quality of life, all of which arise from governmental approvals of highly...
- Related stories: Petition to Inter-American Commission over health impacts of chemical & petroleum factories in Mossville, Louisiana, USA
- Related companies: Access Industries Air Liquide CertainTeed (part of Saint-Gobain) Chemtura ConocoPhillips Entergy Georgia Gulf Koch Industries Lyondell (part of Access Industries) LyondellBasell (part of Access Industries) PPG Saint-Gobain Sasol Tetra Technologies
Companies' responses to concerns about environmental health in Mossville/Lake Charles region, Louisiana, USA
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Includes responses by Entergy, PPG. ConocoPhillips, Georgia Gulf, Lyondell did not respond. Sasol has indicated that it is preparing a response. The report also notes that additional industrial facilities are nearby...companies that have (or...
- Related stories: Petition to Inter-American Commission over health impacts of chemical & petroleum factories in Mossville, Louisiana, USA USA: Louisiana residents say govt. has found chemicals in their blood but done nothing - report blames nearby factories
- Related in-depth areas: Mossville report - July 2007
- Related companies: Air Liquide CertainTeed (part of Saint-Gobain) ConocoPhillips Entergy Georgia Gulf Lyondell (part of Access Industries) PPG Saint-Gobain Sasol Tetra Technologies
[PDF] full report: "Industrial Sources of Dioxin Poisoning in Mossville, Louisiana: A Report Based on the Government’s Own Data"
Author: Mossville Environmental Action Now, Wilma Subra (The Subra Company), Advocates for Environmental Human Rights [USA]
Mossville residents are surrounded by 14 toxic industrial facilities, several of which routinely release dioxins into the air, water, and land. Residents have long complained about health problems that a university health study has linked to...
- Related companies: Air Liquide Arch Chemicals Biolab (part of Chemtura) CertainTeed (part of Saint-Gobain) Chemtura ConocoPhillips Entergy Flint Hills Resources (part of Koch Industries) Georgia Gulf Koch Industries Lyondell (part of Access Industries) PPG Saint-Gobain Sasol Tessenderlo Tetra Technologies