USA: New York City files lawsuit against opioid manufacturers & distributors in relation to deadly epidemic
[Also refers to Cardinal Health, Cephalon, Endo, Watson]
Author: Office of New York City Mayor
Mayor Bill de Blasio.. announced a the City had filed a lawsuit today in New York State Supreme Court to hold manufacturers and distributors of prescription opioids to account for their part in the City’s ongoing deadly opioid epidemic. The lawsuit...
Author: J. David Goodman & William Neuman, New York Times
Mayor Bill de Blasio on Tuesday announced that New York City had filed a lawsuit against the manufacturers and distributors of opioid prescription drugs, joining a national campaign to hold the companies responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars...
- Related stories: USA: New York City files lawsuit against opioid manufacturers & distributors in relation to deadly epidemic
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Allergan AmerisourceBergen Janssen Pharmaceutica (part of Johnson & Johnson) Johnson & Johnson McKesson Purdue Pharma Teva Pharmaceutical
Author: Itamar Eichner, Ynetnews (Israel)
...30 Israeli companies and 60 international corporations operating in Israel received warning letters from United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights...cautioning them of their impending inclusion in a "blacklist" of companies active beyond...
- Related stories: UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
- Related companies: Africa Israel Ahava Airbnb Bank Hapoalim Bezeq Caterpillar Cellcom Israel Coca-Cola Egged Cooperative Elbit Systems HP (Hewlett-Packard) Leumi Matrix Mekorot Motorola Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises Netafim Shikun & Binui Teva Pharmaceutical TripAdvisor
USA: Opioids deaths lead state officials to target drug firms, following model of lawsuits against tobacco industry
Author: German Lopez, Vox (USA)
"US officials are starting to treat opioid companies like Big Tobacco — and suing them", 7 Jun 2017...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
In March 2016, the UN Human Rights Council adopted Resolution 31/36 which aims to produce a database flagging companies doing business in Israeli settlements, in a bid to highlight corporate complicity in the Israeli occupation. The database was due...
Author: Nicole Flatow, ThinkProgress (USA)
Last week, Missouri’s Attorney General told a court he might resort to reviving gas chambers to carry out executions in his state, intent on moving forward with scheduled death sentences in spite of limited access to the cocktail of drugs typically...