Thames Water (part of RWE)
Thames Water website: http://www.thames-water.com
UK: Leading employers call for updated health & safety and equalities legislation to promote mental wellbeing
Author: Maggie Baska, People Management (UK)
"Treat mental health the same as physical conditions in employment law, say business leaders", 21 Nov 2018...
Author: Adam Vaughan, Guardian (UK)
"British companies call on David Cameron to take stronger climate action",...
Author: The Independent [UK]
While minds remain focused on carbon footprints…little attention has…been given to water usage…Indications are that mild awareness is beginning to galvanise…Some industry sectors look distinctly more vulnerable than others...The global agricultural...
Author: TwentyFifty, commissioned by UK Govt. Ministry of Justice, Department of Health
..The Private Sector and Human Rights scoping study was commissioned by the Ministry of Justice and the Department of Health, to provide an insight into how businesses understand human rights and to establish a dialogue with the UK private sector on...
- Related stories: Notes of Nov 2009 feedback event on UK Govt. study into business & human rights in UK TwentyFifty launches report on how companies understand & tackle human rights issues in the UK
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Atos (formerly Atos Origin) BAE Systems Barclays BT BUPA E.ON Kalyx KPMG ManpowerGroup National Express National Grid Pentland Group Serco Sodexo Thames Water (part of RWE) Vodafone
Water Company Disclosure is Murky, Investors Must Press for Major Improvements In Investor- and Publicly-Owned Utilities' Reporting
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) [USA]
… most investor-owned water utilities have a long way to go in order to provide adequate environmental, social and governance (ESG) disclosure to investors, according to a major new study from the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR)...
- Related stories: USA: ICCR releases study on water company disclosure of environmental, social, governance data
- Related companies: American Water Ayala Grupo Agbar Manila Water (joint venture Ayala, Mitsubishi Corp. & United Utilities) Mitsubishi Group RWE Southern Water Suez Environnement Thames Water (part of RWE) United Utilities United Water (part of Suez Environnement) Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement)
[DOC] Statement by the Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights to the Sub-Committee on Human Rights of the European Parliament
Author: John Morrison, Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights (BLIHR)
The Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights... express intention has been to demonstrate how the Universal Declaration of Human Rights can be integrated into business management... Our member companies are...ABB, Areva, Barclays, Ericsson, Gap Inc....
- Related companies: ABB Barclays Coca-Cola Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ericsson Gap General Electric Google (part of Alphabet) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Microsoft Mobile Telecommunications Company National Grid Newmont Goldcorp Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Orano (formerly Areva) PepsiCo RWE Sanofi Suez Thames Water (part of RWE) Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Yahoo! (part of Verizon) Zain
Author: Au Loong Yu and Liu Danqing
Fifteen years of neoliberal water supply policies in China have seen high profits for water companies at the expense of the country’s poor. But the lack of free speech and freedom of association in China means that people’s anger over water reform...
- Related stories: New Chinese edition of "Reclaiming Public Water" book criticizes privatization of water for “leaving out” customers of modest means
- Related companies: China Water New World Development Shenzhen Water Suez Thames Water (part of RWE) Tsinghua Tongfang Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement)