Headquarters in USA
Author: Marc Gunther, The Guardian (UK)
One US chocolate company is pushing industry boundaries by supporting cacao farmers through sustainable sourcing in the Democratic Republic of the Congo…Seattle-based Theo sources cacao beans from war-torn eastern Congo and pays premium prices for...
Response by Theo Chocolate: Report raises concerns about IMO-certified Theo Chocolate's alleged anti-union activities
- Related in-depth areas: USA: Report raises concerns about IMO-certified Theo Chocolate's alleged anti-union activities
- This is a response from the following companies: Theo Chocolate
USA: Report raises concerns about IMO-certified Theo Chocolate's alleged anti-union activities; IMO & Theo Chocolate respond
Author: Intl. Labor Rights Forum
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited IMO and Theo Chocolate to respond to concerns raised in the Intl. Labor Rights Forum report. Response provided.] In February 2013, Intl. Labor Rights Forum released a report raising concerns about...
Author: Whole Foods
We do not take the concern over child labor or slave labor lightly, and we are currently in ongoing conversations with Hershey’s about its existing social accountability programs for its two chocolate brands we carry nationally, Dagoba and Scharffen...
- Related stories: Whole Foods & United Natural Foods criticised for failing to sign appeal asking Hershey's to fully commit to using ethically sourced cocoa
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- This is a response from the following companies: Theo Chocolate Whole Foods Market
Author: Local Food Bloomington [USA]
Earlier this spring, Green Business Network told its members how Cadbury is taking steps to bring more Fair Trade chocolate to Europe...But there's still no conventional US chocolate company that is stepping up to make Fair Trade Certified™ chocolate...