TIAA-CREF website: www.tiaa-cref.org
Author: Articulação dos Povos Impactados pelo Matopiba e a Campanha Nacional em Defesa do Cerrado/Conselho Indigenista Missionário-CIMI (Brazil)
"Nota Pública: No Cerrado piauiense, comunidades sofrem violências e perdem seus territórios-As entidades que compõem a Articulação dos Povos Impactados pelo Matopiba e a Campanha Nacional em Defesa do Cerrado denunciam o aumento da violência e de...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas notícias sobre defensores/as de direitos humanos
- Related companies: TIAA-CREF
Indonesia: Court orders local govt. to review palm oil plantation permits & hold companies accountable for 2015 deforestation fires
Author: Friends of the Earth, on EcoWatch
"Historic Verdict in Indonesia’s Fight Against Deforestation", 5 Apr 2017...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
USA: In house lawyers from Fortune 1000 companies pledge to consider diversity of external law firms
Author: Meredith Mandell, Bloomberg Law (USA)
"Can Two Dozen GCs Bring Diversity to Law Firms?", 8 Sep 2016...
Author: Brian Collett, Ethical Performance (UK)
"Online database brings transparency to mutual funds’ holdings in palm oil", 2 Sep 2016...
"The 2015 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity", Apr 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie Accenture ADP Aetna Allstate Anthem AT&T BASF Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Cox Communications (part of Cox Enterprises) Cox Enterprises Cummins Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Eli Lilly EY (Ernst & Young) General Mills Hilton IBM Johnson & Johnson Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KeyBank KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Marriott MassMutual MasterCard Merck Monsanto New York Life Nielsen Northrop Grumman Novartis PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Rockwell Collins Sodexo Target TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) TIAA-CREF Time Warner Verizon Walt Disney Wells Fargo Wyndham
Institutional investors managing $24 trillion call for global climate & carbon pricing deal at UN Climate Change Summit
Author: Targeted News Service
- Related stories: People's Climate March & UN Climate Change Summit (21 & 23 Sep, New York)
- Related companies: HSBC ING TIAA-CREF
Author: Ross Kerber, Reuters
U.S. regulators rejected a request by investment firm Franklin Resources Inc [holding company for Franklin Templeton] to skip a shareholder vote pressuring it to sell off holdings in companies linked to Sudan, whose president faces international war...
- Related stories: US Government requires Franklin Resources to hold vote on shareholder resolution raising human rights concerns over its investments in firms linked to Sudan
- Related companies: American Funds (part of Capital Group) Capital Group China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Franklin Templeton JPMorgan Chase PetroChina T. Rowe Price TIAA-CREF
Author: We Divest
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Veolia Environment to respond. Veolia Environment said that it does not comment on any investor’s decision to either buy or sell the company’s stock] The We Divest coalition...congratulat[es]...
- Related stories: Israel & Palestine: Pension fund TIAA-CREF removes Veolia from Social Choice Funds over involvement in Israeli settlements in West Bank; includes company statement
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: TIAA-CREF Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Water (part of Veolia Environnement)
Author: Mark Tran, Guardian [UK]
Crop failure for farmers is not merely a financial setback but a disaster that could push families into abject poverty...LeapFrog [Investments]...invests in those that are [in the microinsurance business], such as Shriram...In two years, [LeapFrog...