Tibotec (part of Johnson & Johnson)
Tibotec website: www.tibotec.com
[PDF] Increasing people’s access to essential medicines in developing countries: a framework for good practice in the pharmaceutical industry
Author: UK Department for International Development (DFID)
Responsibility for increasing access to essential medicines rests with the whole international community...In this context there is a particular role for pharmaceutical companies. As the producers of existing, and developers of new, medicines they can...
- Related stories: GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, Merck, Pfizer & other firms join UK govt. in committing to increased access to essential medicines for poorest countries, including via differential pricing
- Related companies: AstraZeneca Eli Lilly GlaxoSmithKline Johnson & Johnson Merck Novartis Pfizer Ranbaxy Laboratories Roche Shire Tibotec (part of Johnson & Johnson)
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In August 2006, the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility issued a report, "Benchmarking AIDS: Evaluating pharmaceutical company responses to the public health crisis in emerging markets"...The Business & Human Rights Resource Centre...
- Related stories: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility - new report on pharmaceutical firms' responses to AIDS
- Related in-depth areas: ICCR AIDS report & responses
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AstraZeneca Boehringer Ingelheim Bristol-Myers Squibb Eli Lilly Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Hoffmann-La Roche (part of Roche) Johnson & Johnson Merck Novartis Pfizer Roche Sanofi-Aventis Schering-Plough Tibotec (part of Johnson & Johnson) Wyeth (part of Pfizer)
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds
In August 2006, the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) produced the most thorough study of pharmaceutical company action on HIV/AIDS, documenting how the industry falls significantly short of best practice...The Business and Human...
Author: Les Entreprises du Médicament [France]
[annexe présente exemples d’actions & partenariats des Entreprises du Médicament: Novartis, sanofi-aventis, MSD (Merck Sharp & Dohme, partie de Merck), Laboratoires Pierre Fabre, Bayer, Novo Nordisk (partie de Novo Group), GlaxoSmithKline,...
- Related stories: Rapport de responsabilité sociale des Entreprises du Médicament - engagements dans l’accès aux soins & médicaments, l’impact environnement, dialogue avec les parties prenantes
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Bayer Boehringer Ingelheim Bristol-Myers Squibb Eli Lilly GlaxoSmithKline Johnson & Johnson Merck Merck Sharp & Dohme (part of Merck) Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Procter & Gamble Roche Sanofi Schering-Plough Tibotec (part of Johnson & Johnson) Wyeth (part of Pfizer)
Author: Samantha Enslin, Business Report [So. Africa]
Aspen plans to market a salvage treatment, Prezista, for Aids patients in 20 sub-Saharan African countries through a deal with Ireland's Tibotec Pharmaceuticals [a division of Johnson & Johnson (J&J)]...The deal was structured so that Aspen...
Author: International Partnerships for Microbicides
…Merck & Co., Inc., has agreed to provide a royalty-free license to the non-profit International Partnership for Microbicides (IPM) to develop a novel antiretroviral compound for use as a potential vaginal microbicide…“Merck deserves recognition...
Author: Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report [USA]
Pharmaceutical companies Boehringer Ingelheim and Gilead Sciences are freezing the prices of their antiretroviral drugs for select agencies in the U.S..."We urge the other drug companies to follow [Boehringer's] and Gilead's lead and to freeze price...