Author: Global Witness
The intensifying competition for commercial access to the world’s remaining deposits of oil, gas and minerals brings with it a serious risk of exacerbating corruption and violent conflict. Such corruption can prop up autocratic governments that keep...
- Related stories: Global Witness report highlights need for increased transparency to prevent Africa's natural resources from fuelling instability
- Related companies: Addax Petroleum (part of Sinopec) Baker Hughes CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Eni First Quantum Minerals Gécamines Glencore (now Glencore Xstrata) Goldman Sachs Halliburton KBR Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Shell Sinopec Snamprogetti (part of Eni) Sonangol Statoil Tidewater Transocean
Author: Alejandro de los Rios, Louisiana Record
A second lawsuit has been filed…in relation to an accident between two ships that were hired by BP to help with clean up of last year's oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico....Both suits name 18 defendants including BP...Twenty Grand Offshore...Tidewater...
- Related stories: US Deepwater Horizon explosion & oil spill lawsuits
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: BP Tidewater Transocean
Is Your Money Where Your Heart Is? - The Truth About SRI [socially responsible investing] Mutual Funds
Author: Paul Hawken, Natural Capital Institute, in Dragonfly Media
...the international SRI (socially responsible investing) mutual fund industry...has no standards, no definitions, and no regulations...Anyone can join; anyone can call his or her fund an SRI fund. The term "socially responsible investing" is so broad...