Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Human Rights Watch
“Día de San Valentín: Contaminadas las cadenas de suministro del sector de la joyería”, 8 de febrero de 2018...
The B Team leader & former Nigerian finance minister calls on business & public sectors to stand together against attacks on freedoms
Author: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, The B Team (US)
"With Freedom at Stake, Business Cannot Afford to Stay Silent", 28 Feb 2018...
Report by Human Rights Watch alleges labour rights abuses & child labour in gold & diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands; incl. co responses
The report “The Hidden Cost of Jewelry” by Human Rights Watch documents labour rights violations, child labour and poor working conditions caused by toxic chemicals in gold and diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands. The report scrutinizes...
...Tiffany & Co. has long understood that responsibly sourcing precious metals and diamonds represents our greatest impact, and thus our greatest opportunity. While we recognize that challenges remain, we commend Human Rights Watch for its...
- This is a response from the following companies: Tiffany
B Team report highlights positive company actions to reach net-zero GHG emissions by 2050 & ensure a just transition
Author: The B Team
... The B Team companies working towards net-zero [emissions] are from a diverse set of industries... yet common challenges can be identified... [For example,] cleaning up an entire companies energy supply continues to be an immense challenge,...
Author: Ardea International
This report focuses on the jewellery sector. We have included eight of the major jewellers in the UK, namely the Signet Group (and the companies under its control, as listed in the table in this report), Tiffany & Co., Goldsmiths, Links, F. Hinds,...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Boodle & Dunthorne Cartier (part of Richemont) De Beers Diarough Ernest Jones (part of Signet) Goldsmiths H.Samuel (part of Signet) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Newmont Richemont Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Signet Tiffany Zale (part of Signet)
Myanmar: Cartier stops sourcing gemstones from country in response to campaign against "genocide gems"
Author: Philip Sherwell & Jon Ungoed-Thomas, The Times (UK)
"Taint of Burma's genocide gems", 10 Dec 2017...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Business & investor responses to the Rohingya crisis
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Richemont Tiffany Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont)
Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
Demand the supply: ranking consumer electronics and jewelry retail companies on their efforts to develop conflict-free minerals supply chains from Congo
Author: Annie Callaway, The Enough Project
The Enough Project’s 2017 conflict minerals company rankings examine 20 of the largest companies...in two of the industries which consume the most tin, tungsten, tantalum, and gold [often referred to as conflicts minerals or 3TG]: consumer electronics...
- Related stories: Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Costco Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.C. Penney Macy's Microsoft Neiman Marcus Panasonic Samsung Sears Signet Sony Target Tiffany Toshiba Walmart