Headquarters in USA
Author: TD Bank
We are committed to listening to our stakeholders and understanding their concerns.TD believes that responsible development of our natural resources must balance environmental, social and economic considerations. Accordingly, TD is taking a balanced...
- Related stories: Rainforest Action Network report alleges major banks contribute to climate change through increased funding of fossil fuels
- This is a response from the following companies: TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Toronto-Dominion Bank
In May 2019, a group of NGOs led by Rainforest Action Network published research findings that suggest some of the biggest banks around the world are financing fossil fuels more than ever before. Since the Paris Agreement took effect in 2016, 33 of the...
Equileap report shows Canadian companies are lagging behind global average on gender equality in the workplace
Author: Brenda Bouw, The Globe and Mail
"See how badly Canada’s top public companies score on gender equality – and why investors may pay the price", 8 March 2019...
[Includes responses by BNP Parbias, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Canda, Morgan Stanley & Toronto-Dominion Bank]
BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
In this briefing paper, BankTrack examines whether private sector banks may have contributed to adverse human rights impacts through their provision of finance. The paper explores eight cases of human rights abuses and the relationship and...
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
Author: Toronto-Dominion Bank
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre was referred to the following statement, issued on 9 May:]...
- Related stories: USA: Environmental NGOs criticise banks' funding of Dakota Access Pipeline, concerned about pollution, indigenous rights
- This is a response from the following companies: Toronto-Dominion Bank
USA: Environmental NGOs criticise banks' funding of Dakota Access Pipeline, concerned about pollution, indigenous rights
Through the controversy over the Dakota Access Pipeline, NGOs have questioned the role of banks in financing the pipeline's construction and the companies developing it. In February 2016, after the US Government issued final permits for the pipeline...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers