Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank)
Headquarters in USA
Report finds continued increase in fossil fuel financing by major banks despite calls for climate action
In March 2020, a group of NGOs led by Rainforest Action Network published the Banking on Climate Change 2020 report. The report finds that 35 private-sector banks have provided USD $2.7 trillion for fossil fuel projects in the four years since the...
Author: TD Bank
[Full response attached]...
- Related stories: Report finds continued increase in fossil fuel financing by major banks despite calls for climate action
- Related companies: Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank)
Author: L'Obs et AFP (France)
Banques, assureurs et fonds de pension présents à Davos financent toujours à coups de milliards de dollars les énergies fossiles qui contribuent au réchauffement climatique, selon Greenpeace......
- Related stories: Davos 2020: La société civile demande aux Etats et entreprises de se désengager de l'industrie fossil à cause de l'urgence climatique
- Related companies: American International Group (AIG) Bank of America Barclays Chevron Citibank (part of Citigroup) Citigroup ExxonMobil JPMorgan Chase Lloyds Millea Mitsubishi Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley Prudential Financial RBC Global Asset Management Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Scotiabank Sompo Japan Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank)
Published on 26 November 2019, the third iteration of BankTrack's Human Rights Benchmark assesses 50 of the largest global banks on their progress towards implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs). It finds that nearly...
Equileap researched 3,519 companies in 23 developed economies, representing 98 million employees, and ranked them based on 19 gender equality criteria... There has been an increase in the average score of the 100 best performing companies over the past...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights: Research & Analysis
- Related companies: Adobe Systems AGL Air New Zealand ANZ Bank ASX Group AXA Bank of America BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BillerudKorsnäs (Billerud Korsnäs) Biogen BlackRock BNP Paribas British Land Caltex Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Castellum Challenger Financial Services Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citibank (part of Citigroup) Coca-Cola Coca-cola Amatil Cofinimmo Commbank Contact Energy Convivio Hotels Danone Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Eli Lilly Elisa Enagás Equinor (formerly Statoil) Fonterra Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Gilead Sciences Gjensidige GlaxoSmithKline GPT Group Hilton Investec Iron Mountain ITV Johnson & Johnson Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kimberly-Clark L'Oreal Lendlease Project Management & Construction (formerly Bovis Lend Lease, trading as Lendlease) Marriott Medibank Merck Mirvac Money Super Market Group National Australia Bank NH Hoteles Orange Origin Energy Publicis Qantas Airways REA Group Red Eléctrica de España Repsol Royal Bank of Canada Royal Mail Sanofi SAP Schibsted Schneider Electric Schroders Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered Stockland Stora Enso Storebrand Suncorp Swedbank Tele2 Telenet Telenor Telstra TF1 Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Transurban Unilever Verizon Vicinity Vodafone Westpac WPP YUM! Z Energy
Author: TD Bank
We are committed to listening to our stakeholders and understanding their concerns.TD believes that responsible development of our natural resources must balance environmental, social and economic considerations. Accordingly, TD is taking a balanced...
- Related stories: Report alleges major banks contribute to climate change through increased funding of fossil fuels
- This is a response from the following companies: Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank)
In May 2019, a group of NGOs led by Rainforest Action Network published research findings that suggest some of the biggest banks around the world are financing fossil fuels more than ever before. Since the Paris Agreement took effect in 2016, 33 of the...
Equileap report shows Canadian companies are lagging behind global average on gender equality in the workplace
Author: Brenda Bouw, The Globe and Mail
"See how badly Canada’s top public companies score on gender equality – and why investors may pay the price", 8 March 2019...
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro (Hydro) Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson PNC Financial Services PSA Peugeot-Citroën Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
[Includes responses by BNP Parbias, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Canda, Morgan Stanley & Toronto-Dominion Bank]