Headquarters in Japan
Author: The Himalayan Times
Toyota has suspended 17 workers at its Indian auto assembly plants which were temporarily closed this week following protests against delayed pay rises…The workers were suspended for misconduct and indiscipline over the protests at the two factories...
- Related companies: Toyota
Author: Bill Vlasic & Ben Protess, New York Times
The Justice Department has begun a criminal investigation into General Motors [G.M.]’ decade-long failure to address deadly safety problems before announcing a huge vehicle recall last month...The preliminary inquiry...is focused on whether G.M.....
Author: Karyn Nishimura, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
Les femmes sont depuis longtemps sous-représentées dans les entreprises japonaises, mais les chiffres sont pires qu'on ne l'imaginait, selon une base de données nominative en ligne ouverte fin janvier par le gouvernement. De plus, les femmes sont...
Author: Mary Mazzoni, TriplePundit
Climate Counts and the Center for Sustainable Organizations just released what they call the “world’s first” science-based company rankings,...[assessing] the emissions performance of 100 companies from 2005 to 2012 within the context of climate...
- Related stories: Study finds over half of global companies surveyed are emitting "unsustainable" levels of carbon
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BP Bristol-Myers Squibb BT Canon Cemex Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConAgra Danone Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical Electrolux Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fuji Photo Film Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors H&M Halliburton Hasbro Heineken Herman Miller Hess Corporation Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hyundai Group IBM Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kraft Foods L'Oreal Lexmark Limited Brands Marks & Spencer Marriott Merck Microsoft Molson Coors Nestlé News Corporation Nippon Steel Nokia Novartis Office Depot Panasonic PepsiCo Pfizer Praxair Procter & Gamble Reckitt Benckiser Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller Samsung Sharp Sherwin-Williams Siemens Sony State Street Target Tesco Toshiba Toyota Unilever United Technologies UPS Verizon Volkswagen Volvo Group Walmart Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool
Author: Human Rights Campaign
This year, an historic 304 major businesses…scored 100 percent on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and the coveted distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” These companies adopted a full framework of LGBT inclusion in the workplace,...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign releases ranking of “best places to work for LGBT equality”
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acerinox Aetna AIG Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alston & Bird AMC Networks American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Express Ameriprise Financial Apple Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AT&T Automatic Data Processing Avon AXA Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BlackRock Blue Cross BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Bristol-Myers Squibb Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cargill Charles Schwab Chevron Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox Coca-Cola Comcast Corning Covington & Burling Credit Suisse Cummins Danaher Darden Restaurants Dechert Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLA Piper Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts EMC EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Fenwick & West Ford Freddie Mac GameStop Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher Giorgio Armani GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Hartford Financial Services Herman Miller Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hyatt IBM Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Land O'Lakes Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Littler Mendelson Lockheed Martin Marriott Marsh & McLennan MasterCard McDermott Will & Emery McKesson McKinsey Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nielsen Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Northern Trust Novartis Office Depot Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Pfizer Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman PNC Financial Services PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Publicis Qualcomm Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rockwell Automation Salesforce.com SAP Sears Sempra Energy Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Staples Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels Sun Life Financial SunTrust Banks Symantec T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Thomson Reuters Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota UBS Unilever Union Bank of California United Continental United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Volkswagen Walgreen Walt Disney Wells Fargo Whirlpool White & Case Wyndham Xerox Yahoo!
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
These are examples of significant company contributions to humanitarian aid through 13 November 2013. This is not a comprehensive list, and we will keep adding items as we find them. [refers to Aboitiz, ABS-CBN, Air Asia Zest, Air21, Apple, Google,...
Author: Paul Klein, Impakt President, on Guardian Sustainable Business
In the drive to be more socially responsible, too many corporations have missed the boat on one of the most important issues of our time: reducing preventable childhood injury...One of the biggest hurdles in reducing preventable injury may be the...
Ready and Able: Disabled people are benefiting from efforts by major companies to use their skills in the workplace [Thailand]
Author: Bangkok Post
…There are 305 people with disabilities working at 114 Big C Supercenters across the country, which is 26% higher than the legally required ratio. The company is among several private firms that offer job opportunities for handicapped people to...
[PDF] What's Needed: An Overview of Multi-Stakeholder and Industry Activities to Achieve Conflict-Free Minerals
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
[Refers to Advanced Micro Devices (ADM), AIM Metals & Alloys, Alpha, American Mitsuba, AngloGold Ashanti, Apple, Asahi Pretec, AT&T, AVX, Banro, Best Buy, Boeing, BorgWarner, Cartier (part of Richemont), Chrysler, Cisco, Dell, Deloitte, Delphi...
- Related stories: Report finds information & communication industry makes progress eliminating conflict minerals from supply chain while other industries remain behind
- Related companies: Advanced Micro Devices Alpha Natural Resources AngloGold Ashanti Apple AT&T AVX Banro Best Buy BlackBerry Boeing BorgWarner Bosch Cartier (part of Richemont) Chrysler Cisco Systems Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Delphi Denso Dollar General Flextronics Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Freeport-McMoRan Freudenberg Gécamines General Electric General Motors Google Home Depot Hon Hai Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hunan Nonferrous Metals Group Intel J.C. Penney Kemet Lockheed Martin Lowe's Malaysia Smelting Medtronic Metalor Motorola Mobility (part of Google) Motorola Solutions Nissan Nokia Panasonic PricewaterhouseCoopers Richemont Royal Philips Electronics Sandvik Sears Signet Sony Target Tata Group Tenke Fungurume (joint venture Freeport-McMoRan, Lundin, Gécamines) Tiffany Toshiba Toyota Traxys ULBA Verizon Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Yazaki