Related stories and components
Author: Daily Times [Pakistan]
The international level talks on the issue of compensation to the affectees of Ali Enterprises fire tragedy are welcomed, noted a general body meeting of the Ali Enterprises Factory Fire Affectees Association (AEFA)....A large number of the heirs of...
- Related stories: KiK accused of "stalling tactics" to avoid paying compensation to victims of Ali Enterprises factory fire in Pakistan - company responds KiK lawsuit (re Pakistan) Pakistan: Clean Clothes Campaign calls on KiK to take certain steps following the fire at the Ali Enterprises factory Pakistan: European Center for Constitutional & Human Rights calls for criminal investigation of KiK & RINA over garment factory fire Show moreShow less
- Related companies: KiK
Brazil: Building and Wood Workers’ Intl. and inspectors report 11 workers died in construction for the Olympics & many worked in slave-like or poor conditions
Author: Building and Wood Workers’ International
11 workers killed in Rio Olympics projects – BWI calls for independent investigation”, 27 April 2016 ...11 workers have died in the construction for the 2016 Olympics in Rio..., according to...Building and Wood Workers’ International (BWI) and state l...
- Related in-depth areas: Brazil 2016 Rio Olympic Games and 2014 World Cup
Author: Agência Brasil (Brazil)
“Por falta de segurança, Ministério do Trabalho embarga obras na Vila Olímpica”, 9 de maio de 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Jogos Olímpicos Rio 2016 e Copa do Mundo da FIFA 2014 no Brasil
Author: Fair Labor Association (USA)
Assessors conducting factory visits in Egypt for the FLA and its affiliated brands have recently detected a very common wage-related violation in Egypt’s free trade zones. Established in 1997, Egypt’s 10 free trade zones – where most large...
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights
Author: Center for Research on Multinational Enterprises (SOMO)
"Flawed Fabrics: The abuse of girls and women workers in the South Indian textile industry", October 2014...
52 African civil society groups call for investment that protects human rights, at U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit
[English summary of Japanese article, provided by the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre] Benesse Holdings, one of the main Japanese corporations providing distance learning services, has been in the news recently due to a scandal related to the...
- Related stories: Japan: Benesse Holdings – concerns over customer privacy, treatment of workers
- Related companies: McDonald's Holdings Japan