Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: Gerald Hosp, Neue Züricher Zeitung
'Die Rohstoffhändler hoffen auf einen Kompromissvorschlag zur Konzerninitiative' 26 March 2019...
- Related stories: Schweiz: Debatte um Konzern-verantwortungsinitiative hält an
- Related companies: Glencore Mercuria Energy Trafigura Beheer Vitol
London Metal Exchange to require audits for companies sourcing cobalt from Dem. Rep of Congo due to concern over child labour
Author: Henry Sanderson, Financial Times (UK)
"LME to strengthen scrutiny of DRC-sourced cobalt", 10 July 2018...
Regional & intl. journalists expose shell companies that help corrupt officials launder money, evade taxes throughout West Africa
#WestAfricaLeaks collaboration among journalists from 11 countries analysed 27.5 million documents from Panama, Paradise Papers & others sources Documents reveal apparent corruption, conflicts of interests & tax avoidance or evasion by powerfu...
Author: Claude Béglé dans Le Temps (Suisse)
... Sur le fond, la cause qui sous-tend l’initiative «Multinationales responsables» est juste. En revanche... la formulation et les responsabilités méritent d’être précisées, sans quoi de sérieuses questions d’interprétation risquent de perturber l...
Banks loan billions to oil firms allegedly exporting low-grade fuel high in pollutants, says briefing
A new BankTrack briefing raises questions about how banks are conducting human rights due diligence. In response to research by Swiss NGO Public Eye accusing Switzerland-based oil trading companies of selling blends of low-grade fuel high in...
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci