Transfield Services (now Broadspectrum)
Headquarters in Australia
Transfield Services rebranded in October 2015 to become Broadspectrum.
Author: Stephen Johnson, The West Australian
The [Australian] federal government has appointed former integrity commissioner Philip Moss to head an independent inquiry into the claims, as well as sexual misconduct allegations that emerged in October. Transfield Services chairman Diane Smith...
- Related stories: Australia/Nauru: Claims of abuse in Australian detention centres in Nauru
- Related companies: Transfield Services
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
PMSC Bulletin Issue number 7 – 1 Jul 2015: Private Military & Security Companies and their impacts on human rights: Recent developments...
- Related in-depth areas: International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers (ICoC) - a process aimed at companies Latest news on conflict & peace Private military & security companies Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
- Related companies: Academi (formerly Blackwater) CACI G4S GEO Group KBR Mitie Prosegur Serco Transfield Services
Australia: Large pension fund divests from Transfield Services over reports of abuses at immigrant detention centres
Author: Sally Rose, Sydney Morning Herald (Australia)
"HESTA dumps Transfield citing detention centre abuses", 18 Aug 2015...
Nauru: Human rights group says that Transfield Services could be liable for failing to disclose abuses at detention centres; company denies claims
Author: Paul Farrell, Guardian (UK)
“Transfield could face legal action over Nauru and Manus abuses, group warns”, 20 Sep 2015...
Human rights are fundamental rights, freedoms and standards of treatment to which all people are entitled. Transfield Services recognises that where possible and within their spheres of influence, companies should strive to protect human rights...
- Related stories: No Business in Abuse: Campaign highlights corporate complicity in abuses within Australia's immigration system
- This is a response from the following companies: Transfield Services (now Broadspectrum)
European pension funds begin to consider companies' treatment of refugees & asylum seekers in investment decisions
Author: Judith Evans, Financial Times (UK)
"Migrant crisis on pension funds’ radar", 1 Nov 2015...
- Related stories: Europe refugee crisis: Businesses take steps to offer support while others are accused of contributing to anti-refugee sentiment
- Related companies: Alliance Trust Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) G4S GEO Group Mitie Nordea Bank Serco Transfield Services (now Broadspectrum)
Author: Ben Leather, Tamsin Webster & Tess McEvoy, International Service for Human Rights (ISHR)
"Protecting our space: Human rights defender strategies to protect civil society space", 2016 ...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Transfield Services (now Broadspectrum)
« Australie: les migrants détenus à Manus obtiennent un dédommagement », 14 juin 2017...