You are being redirected to the story the piece of content is found in so you can read it in context. Please click the following link if you are not automatically redirected within a couple seconds:
en/3-years-on-from-rana-plaza-building-collapse-in-bangladesh-little-improvements-in-health-safety-conditions#c135648

Trial of two cases yet to start

Author: Daily Star, Published on: 23 April 2016

The trial for the killing of more than a thousand people in Rana Plaza collapse three years ago is yet to begin...The case filed for the violation of building codes in the construction of the nine-storey Plaza has been facing a similar fate...However, charges were pressed in June last year against the accused in both the cases upon completion of the investigations...The hearing on the charge framing is scheduled for April 28. The accused are expected to be produced on the day before the trial court where the cases were transferred in March last year, said a court source. The delay in holding the trial was mainly caused by the labor ministry's refusal to give permission for accusing in the charge sheet three of its officials -- Deputy Chief Inspector (mills and factories) Jamsedur Rahman and inspectors (engineering) Yusuf Ali and Shahidul Islam, said a source in the Session Judge's Court in Dhaka.

Read the full post here