Tropicana (part of PepsiCo)
Tropicana website: www.tropicana.com
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Andrew Martin, New York Times
How much does your morning glass of orange juice contribute to global warming? PepsiCo, which owns the Tropicana brand, decided to try to answer that...it turned out that the biggest single source of emissions was simply growing oranges. Citrus groves...
Author: Economist Intelligence Unit, The Economist
2009 has the potential to be a watershed year for climate change. The clock is counting down to the Copenhagen conference in December…Whatever policymakers in these various regions decide, the impact of regulation will fall primarily on the corporate...
- Related stories: Survey examines impact of the recession on companies' climate change strategies
- Related companies: Alcoa Allianz Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BT Coca-Cola De Beers DuPont Google HSBC IBM KPMG Li & Fung Mazda Nissan PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Sainsbury SAP Seven & i Shell Siemens Skanska Sony Sumitomo Chemical (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Microsystems Suzuki Tesco TNT (part of TPG) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tropicana (part of PepsiCo) Unilever UPS Walkers (part of PepsiCo) Walmart Westpac Xcel Energy
Author: [column] Bill Maxwell, St. Petersburg Times [USA]
When…we turn our backs on the cruel treatment of farmworkers, we are complicit in inhumanity... In 2007, farm labor contractor Ronald Evans, his wife Jequita Evans and their son Ron Evans Jr. were sentenced to federal prison for enslaving farm workers...
- Related stories: USA: Tomato farmworkers battle growers' association over implementation of agreement with fast food firms on pay & working conditions
- Related companies: Burger King Coca-Cola Kroger McDonald's PepsiCo Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Tropicana (part of PepsiCo) Walmart Wendy's Wendy's/Arby's Group YUM!
[PDF] PepsiCo Announces Initiatives With the Earth Institute and H2O Africa to Drive Sustainable Water Practices
Author: PR Newswire
PepsiCo announced today a...partnership with H2O Africa, a foundation focused on clean water initiatives in Africa. [The initiatives are] targeted to drive sustainable water practices as part of PepsiCo's ongoing commitment to achieve the Millennium...
[PDF] Steps toward Corporate Accountability for Human Rights: ESCR-Net Report to OHCHR [Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights] on the Human Rights Responsibilities of Business
Author: International Network for Economic, Social & Cultural Rights (ESCR-Net)
Many contributions from ESCR-Net participants focused on the need to implement greater corporate accountability for human rights, ideally through a common global framework. Most contributions emphasized using the UN Norms as the best tool for this...
- Related stories: Report by Intl. Network for Economic, Social & Cultural Rights to UN High Commissioner for Human Rights on human rights responsibilities of business Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Bechtel Dow Chemical Ecopetrol Gap Nestlé Occidental Petroleum PepsiCo Repsol YPF Shell Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Tropicana (part of PepsiCo) Union Carbide (part of Dow) YUM!