Turkey: H&M signs 1st collective bargaining agreement in fast-fashion sector, covering pay rises, bonuses, stronger job protection & better working conditions
Author: UNI Global Union, Published on: 24 September 2019
"Koop-is Union reaches first collective agreement in the Turkish fast-fashion sector", 20 September 2019
The first collective agreement in the fast-fashion sector in Turkey was reached between H&M Turkey and Koop-Is Union -- an affiliate of UNI Commerce. The CBA covers around 3000 workers and provides them with regular pay rises, bonuses, social and financial benefits, better working conditions, more days off and stronger job protection...
...According to the collective agreement:
- All workers will have 2 days off a week.
- Part-time workers will be provided with working schedules on a monthly basis.
- Workers will enjoy regular pay rises in addition to the rises of legal minimum wage in Turkey.
- All workers will be paid same amount of food allowance which will be updated regularly.
- Workers will be paid a bonus every year starting with 30 days of bonus in the first year, 35 days in the second and 40 days in the third.
- Workers will be paid social and financial benefits such as children allowance, seniority premium, transportation allowance, education allowance and foreign language incentives.
- Workers will enjoy longer paid annual and maternity leaves.
- Workers will enjoy higher levels of job security and union representation at the workplaces as well.
Related companies: H&M