Turquoise Hill Resources
Headquarters in Canada
Prior to August 2012, Turquoise Hill Resources was known as Ivanhoe Mines. Please see the Ivanhoe Mines section for items prior to August 2012.
Rio Tinto is a major stakeholder of Turquoise Hill Resources.
Author: Mizzima News
Suu Kyi responded to a question about the controversial Monywa-Latpadaung copper mining project:...“Before implementing government projects we need a process of transparency. But also, if we unilaterally break off ongoing projects [with foreign firms]...
[PDF] Comment of EarthRights International on the Paperwork Reduction Act Review for Proposed Reporting Requirements on Responsible Investment in Burma
Author: EarthRights International
This comment focuses on two of the central questions in the PRA review process: 1) the necessity of the proposed information collection for agency operations, and 2) ideas to improve the quality and clarity of the information collected. The...
- Related stories: Conflict Risk Network, US investors & asset managers support US reporting requirements on responsible investment in Burma
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace Myanmar
- Related companies: Turquoise Hill Resources
Author: Aung Hla Tun, Reuters
The Monywa copper mine in Myanmar...should symbolize all the opportunities of a resource-rich country emerging from nearly half a century of military misrule. Instead, as thousands of villagers protest against the mine in a rare standoff with...
- Related stories: Burma: Thousands of villagers protest against Monywa mine claiming unlawful seizure of land
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace Monywa copper mine protests - Burma, Sept 2012
- Related companies: NORINCO (China North Industries) Rio Tinto Turquoise Hill Resources Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings (UMEHL) Wanbao Mining