Twinings (part of Associated British Foods)
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Twinings website: www.twinings.com
Sri Lanka: Fairtrade & Rainforest Alliance investigate after illegal wage deductions exposed at certified tea plantations; Incl. co. comments
Author: Lisa Fuller, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"EXCLUSIVE-Tea label giants vow probe after Sri Lanka labour abuse expose", 27 March 2019...
Author: Sonia Elks, Reuters
"Twinings reveals suppliers amid drive for slave-free Indian tea", 13 August 2018...
- Related stories: Yorkshire Tea, Twinings & Tetley become first major tea brands to publish supplier list
- Related companies: Twinings (part of Associated British Foods)
Author: Traidcraft Exchange
Many British blends include tea from Assam, where people get poverty wages, are scared to speak up and have no way out. The big British brands know this but aren’t doing enough to challenge it....
- Related stories: Yorkshire Tea becomes first major tea brand to publish supplier list
- Related companies: Associated British Foods Clipper Holdings PG Tips (part of Unilever) Tata Tea (part of Tata Group) Taylors of Harrogate (part of Bettys & Taylors Group) Tetley (part of Tata Tea) Twinings (part of Associated British Foods) Typhoo Unilever
Yorkshire Tea, Twinings, Tetley, Clipper & PG Tips become first major tea brands to publish supplier list
In June 2018 Yorkshire Tea (part of Taylors of Harrogate) became the first major UK tea brand to publish its supplier list. The brand made the move following the "Who picked my tea?" campaign by Tradcraft Exchange. In August 2018, Twinings followed su...
Author: Scott Campbell, Telegraph [UK]
Discount clothing retailer Primark is expected to report a 13pc rise in sales this week, almost a year to the day after the Rana Plaza factory collapsed…Associated British Foods, which owns the popular clothing chain, as well as sugar factories in...
[PDF] Sustainability Issues in the Tea Sector: A Comparative Analysis of Six Leading Producing Countries
Author: Sanne van der Wal, Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO)
In this report, SOMO is presenting for the first time…a…comparative analysis on social, economic and ecological conditions in the tea sector in 6 of the most important tea-producing countries: India, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Indonesia, Kenya and Malawi…The...
Author: Robyn Stubbs, Vancouver 24 Hours
…thanks to a growing initiative to ensure tea pickers are treated fairly by their employers, you can feel good about wrapping your fingers around a steaming cuppa. "Consumers want to make sure the products they're buying are being produced in an...
Author: SOMO, ProFound & India Committee of the Netherlands
...there is an urgent need for improvement of labour, social, ecological and economic conditions throughout the tea sector in the global south...Current responsible business initiatives of mayor players on the Dutch tea market are analysed [in this...
- Related companies: Ahold Akbar Brothers Associated British Foods Carritt Moran China TUHSU Coca-Cola Goodricke Hindustan Unilever J.Thomas James Finlay (part of Swire) John Keells (part of John Keells Holdings) John Keells Holdings Kenya Tea Development Agency (KTDA) Nestlé Sara Lee Simon Lévelt Swire Group Tata Group Tata Tea (part of Tata Group) Teekanne Tetley (part of Tata Tea) Twinings (part of Associated British Foods) Unilever Van Rees Williamson Magor