Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Author: Estelle Nguyen, La Tribune
« Fraude fiscale : le procès à 10 milliards d'euros d’UBS s’ouvre ce lundi », 8 octobre 2018...
- Related companies: UBS
Author: Facing Finance...
Range of human rights abuses by extractive companies allegedly tied to European financial institutions: companies respond to Facing Finance report
"The global extractives industry is heavily involved in some of the worst labour, environmental and human rights violations. The rights of communities, farmers and indigenous people are being trampled in the push for ever more extraction. Indeed all b...
“UBS applies a comprehensive environmental and social risk (ESR) policy framework to all its activities. The framework is publicly and transparently described in our ESR policy framework document available on https://www.ubs.com/global/en/about_ubs/ubs...
- Related stories: Range of human rights abuses by extractive companies allegedly tied to European financial institutions: companies respond to Facing Finance report
- This is a response from the following companies: UBS
[Includes responses by BNP Parbias, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Canda, Morgan Stanley & Toronto-Dominion Bank]
UN Independent Expert asks Thun Group of Banks to discuss the Guiding Principles on Foreign Debt and Human Rights & practice of lending to states with widespread human rights violations
Author: Juan Pablo Bohoslavsky, UN Independent Expert on the effects of foreign debt and other related international financial obligations of States
“Mandate of the Independent Expert on the effects of foreign debt and other related international financial obligations of States on the full enjoyment of all human rights, particularly economic, social and cultural rights” - 19 October 2017...
- Related stories: Thun Group of Banks releases new Paper on implications of UN Guiding Principles for corporate & investment banking
- Related companies: Credit Suisse UBS
Author: Gerrit Hansen (Germanwatch)
"Verkehrte grüne Finanzwelt", Juli 2017...
- Related stories: G20 Erklärung der Staats- und Regierungschefs bekennt sich trotz US-Rückzug zum Pariser Klimaabkommen; jetzt muss Umsetzung folgen
- Related companies: Barclays PepsiCo Santander Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Steel (see Tata Iron and Steel) UBS Unilever
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac