For further tools & guidance, see the Resource Centre’s Tools & Guidance Portal
- Review of the OECD Recommendations of the Council on Common Approaches for Officially Supported Export Credits and Environmental and Social Due Diligence, Amnesty, 12 Nov 2012
Financing Human Rights Abuse: The Role of Public and Private Financial Institutions, BankTrack, ECA Watch, Center for Intl. Environmental Law, Dec 2012
For all information on our site about export credit agencies, see this section of our site.
See OECD Watch for policies & activities of the OECD
Human Rights and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises: Normative Innovations and Implementation Challenges, John G. Ruggie & Tamaryn Nelson, May 2015
For all information on our site about items relating to the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, including other complaints relating to the OECD Guidelines, see this section of our site.
Related stories and components
Paper analyses innovations & implementation challenges of human rights complaints against companies at OECD Natl. Contact Points
Author: John G. Ruggie & Tamaryn Nelson, Harvard Kennedy School
"Human Rights and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises: Normative Innovations and Implementation Challenges", 3 May 2015...
Business, Human Rights, and Uganda’s Oil - Part II: Protect and Remedy: Implementing State duties under the UN Framework on Business and Human Rights
Author: Gabriella Wass & Chris Musiime, IPIS & ActionAid Uganda
In accordance with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, this second report assesses the duty of the Ugandan, British, French and Chinese States to prevent, investigate, punish and redress human rights abuse by businesses. Based on...
- Related stories: Report on implementing State duties under the UN Framework on Business & Human Rights for Uganda's oil industry
- Related in-depth areas: African region Chinese investment overseas Civil society recommendations to governments Extractives, including oil and mines General Judicial remedies Labour issues Land Rights & Displacements Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG Oil & gas Providing guidance to companies State-based
- Related companies: CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Equinor (formerly Statoil) Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) Neumann Gruppe Tullow Oil
Human rights due diligence has been receiving greater attention from policymakers, businesses and civil society groups since the adoption of the United Nations (UN) Protect, Respect and Remedy Framework in 2008 and its Guiding Principles on Business ...
- Related stories: CIDSE briefing on effective implementation of human rights due diligence by states & companies
- Related in-depth areas: Civil society recommendations to governments Implementación por parte de gobiernos: ejemplos y herramientas > Recomendaciones de la sociedad civil Latest news on UNGPs Requiring due diligence by companies Requiring due diligence: Reporting State-based
- Related companies: Aviva Glencore Michelin Nestlé Sagittarius Mines Inc (SMI) Socfin
Author: BankTrack, ECA Watch, Center for Intl. Environmental Law
A complex range of public and private institutions provide financing for both corporate and state activity that is associated with human rights abuse. These financial institutions present an opportunity for the widespread dissemination and...
[PDF] Review of the OECD Recommendation of the Council on Common Approaches for Officially Supported Export Credits and Environmental and Social Due Diligence
Author: Amnesty International
Amnesty International consistently stressed the need for the Common Approaches (Common Approaches for Officially Supported Export Credits and Environmental and Social Due Diligence) to adopt a robust human rights framework by adopting, at a minimum,...
Author: Danish Responsibility
From 1st November 2012 companies violating human rights, the environment or standards for corruption can be accused at the Danish government's new mediation and complaints institution for Responsible Corporate Behavior...The institution is an offshoot...
Mongolia: Unclear responsibilities between government and business and weak enforcement threaten to leave human rights on the sidelines, says UN human rights expert group
Author: UN expert Working Group on Human Rights and Business
The UN expert Working Group on Human Rights and Business today welcomed the inclusion of human rights in the new Government’s action plan. However, it called on the Government...to further clarify the respective roles and responsibilities of Government...
Author: Govt. of the Netherlands
the Updated OECD Guidelines now also fully reflect the United Nations Guiding...Principles on Business and Human Rights5. With regard to the´remedy-pillar´of the ‘Protect, Respect and Remedy’ framework for business and human rights, the National...
[PDF] Recommendation of the Council on common approaches for officially supported export credits and environmental and social due diligence (the "Common Approaches")
Author: Working Party on Export Credit and Credit Guarantees, OECD
Noting the initiatives undertaken by the OECD on corporate social responsibility, including the adoption of the updated OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises...Recognising that Members have existing obligations to protect human rights and...
- Related in-depth areas: State-based
The Contribution of National Contact Points in furthering the Responsibility of Business to Respect Human Rights
Author: Gregory Maggio, Special Advisor, U.S. OECD National Contact Point Team
In line with the OECD's updating of the Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises in 2011, the U.S. Government undertook a simultaneous review to enhance the effectiveness of the U.S. National Contact Point...My Government welcomes that the human rights...
- Related in-depth areas: State-based