Requiring due diligence: Reporting
"State of Play: Human Rights within the Political Economies of States – Avenues for Application"
Institute for Human Rights and Business, 1 Apr 2014
See Chapter 3
"Update to John Ruggie's Corporate Law Project: Human Rights Reporting Initiatives"
Shift, Nov 2013
Refers to new/updated regulatory requirements on companies' human rights reporting by Brazil, Colombia, Denmark, European Union, France, India, Norway, South Africa, Sweden, UK, USA. Also refers to stock exchange requirements on social & environmental issues in Brazil, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey, USA.
European Commission, 16 Apr 2013
"The European Commission adopted on 16 April 2013 a proposal for a directive enhancing the transparency of certain large companies on social and environmental matters"
- Shift & John Ruggie submit amendments to proposed European Commission Directive on non-financial reporting to enhance alignment with UN Guiding Principles
Shift, 8 Oct 2013
"Human Rights Due Diligence - Policy measures for effective implementation"
CIDSE, Sep 2013
See Recommendation 10 on p.10
UK: "Human rights reporting to be mandatory for quoted companies in the UK", Steve Gibbones, Ergon Associates, 26 Oct 2012
Netherlands: ”Contribution by the government of the Netherlands to the renewed EU-strategy for CSR”, Govt. of the Netherlands, Jul 2012
Related stories and components
On 16 April 2013, the European Commission adopted a proposal for a Directive on non-financial reporting with the objective of increasing EU companies’ transparency and performance on environmental and social matters. Shift together with its Chair,...
Human rights due diligence has been receiving greater attention from policymakers, businesses and civil society groups since the adoption of the United Nations (UN) Protect, Respect and Remedy Framework in 2008 and its Guiding Principles on Business ...
- Related stories: CIDSE briefing on effective implementation of human rights due diligence by states & companies
- Related in-depth areas: Civil society recommendations to governments Implementación por parte de gobiernos: ejemplos y herramientas > Recomendaciones de la sociedad civil Latest news on UNGPs Requiring due diligence by companies Requiring due diligence: Reporting State-based
- Related companies: Aviva Glencore Michelin Nestlé Sagittarius Mines Inc (SMI) Socfin
Author: European Commission
The European Commission adopted on 16 April 2013 a proposal for a directive enhancing the transparency of certain large companies on social and environmental matters...The objective is to increase EU companies’ transparency and performance on...
- Related in-depth areas: Requiring due diligence: Reporting
Author: Permanent Mission of the Unites States of America to the UN in Geneva
This Note is...in response to the...questionnaire from the Working Group, soliciting information on State practices in the sphere of business and human rights...The US government is committed to the GPs, as evidenced...through the integration of human...
Author: Govt. of the Netherlands
the Updated OECD Guidelines now also fully reflect the United Nations Guiding...Principles on Business and Human Rights5. With regard to the´remedy-pillar´of the ‘Protect, Respect and Remedy’ framework for business and human rights, the National...