UN Intergovt. Working Group on proposed treaty
The intergovernmental working group on a proposed treaty was established by a Human Rights Council Resolution (A/HRC/26/L.22) on 26 June 2014. Its mandate is "to elaborate an international legally binding instrument on transnational corporations and other business enterprises with respect to human rights". More information on a proposed binding treaty on business & human rights is available here.
Related stories and components
Author: Dentons, on JD Supra
"Time for construction to step up to its human rights responsibilities?", 8 Jan 2019...
- Related stories: Experts reflect on the Zero Draft of the legally binding treaty on business and human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on proposed binding treaty Statements, initiatives & commentaries
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest news on natural resources Latest news on proposed binding treaty Natural Resources
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
Zero Draft treaty on business & human rights does not address adequately relationship with intl. investment agreements, says expert
Author: Marta Piazza, Deloitte on Sense & Sustainability (USA)
"The “Zero Draft”: Missed Opportunity or the Beginning of a Revolution?", 8 Nov 2018...
Author: Jake Johnson, Inequality.org
"157 of World’s 200 Richest Entities Are Corporations, Not Governments", 19 Oct 2018...
Author: Organisation internationale de la francophonie
« Brouillon Zéro - Instrument juridique non-contraignant visant à réglementer, dans le droit international des droits de l'homme, les activités des sociétés transnationales et autres entreprises commerciales », 16 juillet 2018...
Author: Angeline Welsh, Law of Nations Podcast
"Should business and human rights disputes be arbitrated?", 18 oct. 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
This week saw the first round of substantive negotiations on the Draft Zero of the treaty. In the Human Rights Council room...Many states proclaimed their support for the UN binding treaty process, as did Church actors at global, European, and Latin...