European Investment Bank
Related stories and components
Author: Oxfam America, Bank Information Center, Environmental Defense, Amis de la Terre, Intermón Oxfam (Oxfam Spain)
Chad’s Law 001 on Petroleum Revenue Management is the centerpiece and principal governance “safeguard” of the World Bank-supported experiment designed to ensure that oil revenues benefit the poor. The government’s proposed amendment would gut the law,...
Author: Mballe M Alonge, Cosmos Publishers, Cameroon, in Daily Times [Pakistan]
The Central African Economic and Monetary Union...is taking off... But will rapid development exact an excessively high toll on human rights?...With the [recent] oil boom, one would have expected the fortunes of Chadians and Cameroonians to improve.....
- Related companies: ExxonMobil
Author: Amis de la Terre
...explique Sébastien Godinot des Amis de la Terre «...ce projet est tellement risqué et complexe qu'il est peu probable qu'il bénéficie aux populations pauvres. Dans un contexte opaque et antidémocratique, nous craignons que les bénéfices reviennent...
- Related companies: EDF
[PDF] full report: "Turning off the taps: Donor conditionality and water privatisation in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania"
Author: ActionAid International
ActionAid’s new research...in Tanzania shows that [donor countries] are still using their influence to push poor countries into privatising basic services such as water, with little concern for the views of the public or poor people’s needs...Costs...
- Related stories: ActionAid report blames UK water firm as Dar es Salaam taps run dry
- Related companies: Biwater Gauff Ingenieure Severn Trent
[PDF] Principles, Profits or just PR? Triple P investments under the Equator Principles: An Anniversary Assessment
[refers to Barclays, ABN AMRO, Citigroup, Mizuho, Société Générale, Banca Intesa, Dexia, HVB, ING, KBC, Royal Bank of Scotland, West LB, Royal Bank of Canada, Lukoil, Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole), Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz), Rabobank, Crédit...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz Banca Intesa (part of Intesa Sanpaolo) Barclays BBVA BP Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Citigroup Credit Suisse Dexia Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) Electricity Generating Public Company Gazprom HSBC HVB ING KBC Lukoil Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) Rabobank Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Société Générale Standard Chartered STEAG West LB Westpac
Author: Stefania Bianchi, Inter Press Service
A controversial decision to fund a copper mining project in Laos may harm local people, leading environmental groups say. The European Investment Bank (EIB) board decided Tuesday (Jan. 27) to approve a 76.2 million dollar loan for developing a copper...
- Related companies: Oxiana