The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an affiliate of the World Bank.
Related stories and components
Kenya: IFC's Compliance Advisor Ombudsman to investigate Bridge International Academies alleged violation of labour & safety standards
Author: Sophie Edwards, Devex
"Watchdog to investigate IFC support for Bridge private schools in Kenya"...
- Related companies: Bridge International Academies
Philippines: Alarming number of fatal attacks against environmental defenders related to agribusiness, mining & logging
The new Global Witness report denounces that in 2018, 30 land and environmental defenders were killed in the Philippines, making it the country with the highest number of such killings in the world. Their new investigation shows that mining,...
Author: Global Witness
Violence against land and environmental defenders is a systemic problem, spanning many different regions of the country and many different industries, and the army uses force to silence activism. 52 defenders have been killed extra-judicially in the...
- Related stories: Philippines: Alarming number of fatal attacks against environmental defenders related to agribusiness, mining & logging
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Del Monte Foods Dole Philippines (see Dolefil) Itochu JPMorgan Chase San Miguel Corporation Standard Chartered
Author: ONU, en Asociación Ambiente y Sociedad (Colombia)
“Los compromisos de América Latina en la Cumbre sobre la Acción Climática” - 23 de septiembre de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
Kenya: 'Loopholes' helped World Bank evade responsibility for proposed Lamu coal plant, says Accountability Counsel
Author: Accountability Counsel
"IFC Escapes Responsibility for Lamu Coal Plant Contributions"...
Author: Defenders in Development Campaign
The new Uncalculated Risks report emphasises that Development Finance Institutions - DFIs - have an obligation to respect human rights and to ensure that their investments are not putting defenders at risk. It makes the point that DFIs should utilize...