The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an affiliate of the World Bank.
Related stories and components
Kenya: 'Loopholes' helped World Bank evade responsibility for proposed Lamu coal plant, says Accountability Counsel
Author: Accountability Counsel
"IFC Escapes Responsibility for Lamu Coal Plant Contributions"...
Author: Defenders in Development Campaign
The new Uncalculated Risks report emphasises that Development Finance Institutions - DFIs - have an obligation to respect human rights and to ensure that their investments are not putting defenders at risk. It makes the point that DFIs should utilize...
Guinée : Des banques françaises financent une mine de bauxite; les habitants parlent d’accaparement de terres et de la destruction de leur environnement
Author: Jean-Michel Meyer, Reporterre
« Les banques françaises financent une mine énorme et polluante en Guinée », 4 avril 2019...
Cambodia: Rattanakiri provincial governor agrees to return land to indigenous communities after 10 years of a Vietnamese company's occupation
Author: The Asahi Shimbun
"Cambodia returns land taken from indigenous people", 27 March 2019...
- Related companies: Hoang Anh Gia Lai (HAGL)
Commentary: Consequences of US Supreme Court ruling on lack of immunity of Intl. Finance Corp. for accountability mechanisms
Author: Kristina Daugirdas, Just Security (USA)
"What Comes Next: After Supreme Court Reduced Obstacles to Suing International Organizations", 13 Mar 2019...
- Related stories: Intl. Finance Corp. lawsuit (re financing of coal-fired plant in India) US Supreme Court rules Intl. Finance Corp. not entitled to "absolute" immunity & can be sued in US courts
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Tata Power
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Unilever
Guinea: Victims file a criminal complaint against Guinean security forces for crackdown on AngloGold Ashanti protesters
Author: Inclusive Development International (IDI)
"Criminal complaint lodged against Guinean security forces for crackdown on electricity protests against AngloGold Ashanti", 28 February 2019...
Author: Financial Afrik
« USA: la Banque Mondiale perd son immunité », 28 février 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques