The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an affiliate of the World Bank.
Related stories and components
Author: Financial Afrik
« USA: la Banque Mondiale perd son immunité », 28 février 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques
US Supreme Court rules Intl. Finance Corp. not entitled to "absolute" immunity & can be sued in US courts
On 27 February 2019, the US Supreme Court issued a decision stating that the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector affiliate of the World Bank Group, was not immune from proceedings in courts. This claim will have a direct impact...
Author: International Labor Rights Forum
"Future of Fashion: Worker-Led Strategies", 13 February 2019...
India: World Bank and Tata Group must take urgent action to address long-standing health and safety concerns on their tea plantations
Author: Accountability Counsel, PAJHRA (India), PAD (India), and Nazdeek (India)
28 January 2019...
- Related stories: India: CAO Investigation report low wages & poor working conditions at Tata-World Bank Plantations
- Related in-depth areas: Health & safety in the workplace Labour rights
- Related companies: Tata Group Tetley (part of Tata Tea)
Author: Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos
"Riesgos para los derechos y ventajas de las energías renovables: Un análisis sobre los compromisos en materia de derechos humanos de las empresas solares, de bioenergía y geotérmicas", Septiembre 2018...
- Related stories: Renewable Energy Risking Rights & Returns: An analysis of solar, bioenergy & geothermal sectors
- Related companies: Access Power ACWA Power Adani Group Akiira Geothermal Alco Group AP Renewables Inc. (APRI; subsidiary of Aboitiz Power) Asia Biomass PCL Avaada Energy BDI Bioenergy International Biopalma (part of Vale) Biotherm Energy Calpine Canadian Solar Climeon Contact Energy Cristal Union Dinant Drax Enerparc First Solar GCL-Poly Genesis Eco-Energy Developments Geothermal Development Co. Gigawatt Global Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy Green Fuel Green Resources Harbin Electric (formerly Harbin Power Equipment) Hareon Solar JinkoSolar Holding Kengen Lantmannen Agroetanol Lightsource BP Mannvit Marubeni Neoen NextGen Solar Novozymes NurEnergie Olsuswa Energy Ormat Pantaleon Sugar Holdings Polaris Infastructure Raizen (joint venture Shell & Cosan) ReneSola Renew Power Ventures Reykjavik Geothermal Scatec Solar Sejahtera Alam Energy Company Shunfeng Clean Energy SolarEdge Sunbird Energy SunEdison SunPower Supreme Energy Suzlon Trina Solar Vena Energy W Dusk Energy Group
Author: FMO (The Netherlands)
"Human Rights: An integral part of our investment approach - Human rights progress report", 18 Dec 2018...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Update Latest news on natural resources Latest news on proposed binding treaty Natural Resources
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
Honduras: Seven found guilty in Berta Cáceres' murder were paid by DESA co. - but masterminds & politicians escape justice so far
Author: Nina Lakhani, The Guardian (UK)
"Berta Cáceres: conviction of killers brings some justice, but questions remain", 01 Dec 2018...
- Related stories: Honduras: Defender's Berta Cáceres' murder trial results in convictions - but politicians & masterminds escape justice
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Desarrollos Energéticos (DESA) FMO
Mauritius allegedly being used by companies as tax haven to shift profits away from Africa; Malawi Mangoes denies allegations
An article by the Foreign Policy alleges that Malawi Mangoes has been using Mauritius as a tax haven to avoid paying taxes in Malawi. The Business and Human Rights Resource Centre invited Malawi Mangoes to respond to the allegations. The company stated...