Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
MIGA is an affiliate of the World Bank.
Related stories and components
Author: Le Bureau du Conseiller pour l’application des directives/médiateur (CAO) de la Société financière internationale (IFC) et de l’Agence multilatérale de garantie des investissements (MIGA)
Le Bureau du Conseiller pour l’application des directives/médiateur (CAO) est le mécanisme indépendant de responsabilisation pour la Société Financière Internationale (IFC) et l’Agence Multilatérale de Garantie des Investissements (MIGA), qui sont les...
Author: Karyn Keenan, program officer at Halifax Initiative Coalition, in Pambazuka
Canadian mining companies seem to enjoy impunity virtually everywhere that they operate overseas...Canada has abdicated its governance responsibility regarding the overseas activities of the mining sector, refusing to regulate either the companies or...
- Related stories: "Bringing Canadian mining to justice" for alleged abuses abroad - Karyn Keenan, Halifax Initiative Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Cambior lawsuit (re Guyana) Copper Mesa Mining lawsuit (re Ecuador) HudBay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Spotlight on unions and women [Mauritania]: Mahjouba Mint Saleek Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Barrick Gold Copper Mesa Mining HudBay Minerals
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic [France]
A Weda Bay, sur l'île indonésienne d'Halmahera, un projet de mine sur l'un des plus importants gisements mondiaux de nickel, suscite l'ire de plusieurs ONG. L'exploitation du minerai, qui sera en grande partie conduite par Eramet, provoquerait d...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Today at the United Nations in Geneva, the non-profit Business & Human Rights Resource Centre is launching the first global information hub on “Business, Conflict & Peace”...Chris Avery, Director of the Resource Centre, said: “We are giving...
- Related stories: BHP lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Blackwater USA lawsuit (re 16 Sep 2007 Baghdad incident) BP lawsuit (re Colombia) Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches new portal on "Business, Conflict & Peace" Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuit (re Colombia & Ecuador) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
Author: Office of the Compliance Advisor/Ombudsman
The Office of the Compliance Advisor/Ombudsman (CAO) is an independent office reporting directly to the President of the World Bank Group...The mandate is to assist the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee...
Author: World Resources Institute
International project financing primarily intended to generate jobs and growth should not ignore social and environmental safeguards in the name of economic stimulus... In particular we are asking the ADB to:...
[PDF] Implementing high ideals and aspirations - implementation toolkits are an important step in ensuring high standards in the field [scroll to pg. 29]
Author: J.J. Messner, in Journal of International Peace Operations
A few weeks ago...an important session of the Human Rights and Business Roundtable in Washington, D.C....focused on the launch of a new, breakthrough document: "The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights: An Implementation Toolkit for Major...
[PDF] The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights: An Implementation Toolkit for Major Project Sites
Author: Don McFetridge - Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, Japan Environmental and Social Challenges Fund, Anvil Mining
...This toolkit on implementation of the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights [VPSHR] is a by-product of a project undertaken by MIGA’s Japan Social and Environmental Challenges Fund for Africa in collaboration with...Anvil Mining, to...
Author: Barrick Gold
The Bulyanhulu site in Tanzania was the subject of controversy in recent years associated with unsubstantiated allegations of improper actions by the previous owner of the property that led to the death of artisanal miners in 1996. Numerous...
- Related stories: Barrick threatens publisher with libel suit [Canada] Group calls on Canada to study mine murder claims [Tanzania]
- Related companies: Barrick Gold