Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
MIGA is an affiliate of the World Bank.
Related stories and components
Author: Corene Crossin, Jessie Banfield - International Alert
This background paper focuses on the linkages between project finance and conflict. Project finance is frequently used to fund investments in higher-risk developing countries – particularly for large infrastructure and natural resource extraction...
- Related companies: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) AXA Barclays BNP Paribas BP Citigroup Dexia Enron Fortis Glamis Gold (part of Goldcorp) Glencore (now Glencore Xstrata) Goldman Sachs HSBC ING KBC Morgan Stanley PetroChina PNC Financial Services Riggs Bank (now part of PNC Financial Services) Rio Tinto Sonangol Standard Bank UBS
[PDF] full report: "Financing Pulp Mills - An Appraisal of Risk Assessment and Safeguard Procedures"
Author: Machteld Spek, Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
- Related stories: Report raises concern about increasing investment in environmentally-harmful pulp mills in Indonesia, Uruguay, Brazil, China, Baltic States
- Related companies: ABN Amro ANZ Bank Asia Pacific Resources Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Botnia Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Rabobank Sinar Mas Group
The CAO Ombdusman Triggers Audit of Uruguayan Paper Mill Projects and Expands Investigation to Proceedings of MIGA [Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency]
Author: Center for Human Rights & Environment (Argentina)
Following the completion of its preliminary review of a complaint filed by CEDHA against two proposed IFC-financed paper mills [involving ENCE, Botnia] on the Argentine-Uruguayan border...the CAO Ombudsman officially communicated today...that it will...
[PDF] CAO Audit of MIGA’s Due Diligence of the Dikulushi Copper-Silver Mining Project in The Democratic Republic of the Congo - Final Report
Author: Office of the Compliance Advisor/Ombudsman - International Finance Corporation/Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
The CAO’s audit focused on the following aspects of MIGA’s due diligence:...
[DOC] Response to Anvil Mining’s ‘Report on the Visit by NGOs to the Dikulushi Mine, DRC’ [Dem. Rep. of Congo]
Author: Rights & Accountability in Development (RAID)
RAID is releasing this brief account of its visit to the Dikulushi Mine and Kilwa in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in response to the report which Anvil Mining has circulated widely concerning the visit by NGOs to the Dikulushi Mine...A full...
- Related stories: Anvil Mining letter responding to report by Rights & Accountability in Development, regarding Kilwa massacre in Dem. Rep. of Congo in Oct 2004 Dem. Rep. of Congo: Report by UN peacekeeping mission says Anvil Mining gave inconsistent accounts of its involvement in clampdown by army that left 100 dead - Anvil says nothing in the report suggests it acted improperly
- Related companies: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals)
[PDF] Assessment Report - Complaint Regarding the Lukoil Overseas Project (Karachaganak Oil and Gas Field) [see p. 15 for the original complaint] Burlinsky District, Western Kazakhstan Oblast, Kazakhstan
Author: Office of the Compliance Advisor Ombudsman, International Finance Corporation and Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
CAO [Compliance Advisor Ombudsman for the IFC] received a complaint on 1 October 2004 [from individuals from the village of Berezovka] regarding the...International Finance Corporation (IFC) investment in the Karachaganak Oil and Gas Condensate Field ...
Author: John Bray
As recent studies have emphasized...the private sector has an important, indeed crucial, role to play in peace building and post-conflict reconstruction. As in other post-conflict and transition economies, the attraction of investment in BiH [Bosnia...