Related stories and components
EU's proposed Multilateral Investment Court will further expand corporate privileges at the expense of human rights, says NGO report
A World Court for Corporations: How the EU Plans to Entrench and Institutionalize Investor-State Dispute Settlement
Author: CIEL, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, & Seattle to Brussels Network
...The European Commission...[has proposed]..a multilateral mechanism for investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS)--referred to by the Commission as a Multilateral Investment Court...The proposed global investor court threatens to lock in the highly...
- Related stories: EU's proposed Multilateral Investment Court will further expand corporate privileges at the expense of human rights, says NGO report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on ISDS Latest news on proposed binding treaty
- Related companies: Chevron Deutsche Bank Goldcorp IBM Newcrest Vodafone
India: Civil society groups urge govt. to protect farmers, fishers, traders at forthcoming WTO Ministerial Meeting
Author: Business Line, Hindu (India)
“WTO meet: Civil society urges govt to protect farmers, fishers, traders”. 24 November 2017...
Criminal law is important to hold companies accountable for human rights abuse & get redress for victims, says lawyer
Author: Corporate Crime Reporter (USA)
"Ian Binnie on the Corporate Crimes Principles and Bridging the Impunity Gap", 4 Oct 2017...
- Related stories: New "Corporate Crime Principles" aim to advance companies' legal accountability for human rights - an initiative of Amnesty Intl. & ICAR
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) China Minmetals
Permanent Court of Arbitration orders Philip Morris to pay up to $38million to Australian Govt. over tobacco packaging challenge
Author: BBC (UK)
"Philip Morris: Tobacco giant ordered to compensate Australia", 10 Jul 2017...
Australia: World Trade Organization says restrictive packaging law is a legitimate public health measure in dispute related to trade & tobacco companies
Author: Tom Miles, Martinne Geller & John Stonestreet, Reuters
"Australia wins landmark WTO tobacco packaging case, reports", 5 May 2017...
European Parliament's Intl. Trade Committee approve deal with Canada despite human rights objections to investment court system
Author: Dimitar Ganev, Commercial Dispute Resolution News
"CETA approved by Trade Committee MEPs", 8 Feb 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on ISDS