African Union: General
Related stories and components
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
'Business unusual: Mining in the aftermath of Marikana - the human rights impacts of southern Africa’s extractive sector', Feb 2015: Mining is central to the economies of southern Africa…But there is so much more that this wealth-generating industry...
- Related stories: Calls for inclusion & engagement as So. Africa hosts Investing in Mining Indaba
- Related in-depth areas: Development and poverty - an introduction Free, prior and informed consent Health & safety in the workplace Latest news on tax avoidance Mining
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Anhui Foreign Economic Construction Arcelor Mittal Collum Coal Mining De Beers (part of Anglo American) ENRC (part of Eurasian Resources Group) Glencore Gold Fields Harmony Gold Impala Platinum Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Lonmin New Reclamation Och-Ziff Capital Management Palladino Holdings Rio Tinto Vale Vedanta Resources Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
Author: propos recueillis par Nicolette de Joncaire, l'Agefi (Suisse)
"Responsabilisation mondiale des sociétés multinationales", 23 janvier 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières nouvelles sur les Principes directeurs UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: HP (Hewlett-Packard) Unilever
Author: Sonatel et Tigo (Sénégal)
"Sonatel/Orange et Tigo s'associent à d'autres opérateurs et l'Union africaine pour lutter contre Ebola", 16 décembre 2014...
Author: Samuel Hinneh, GhanaWeb
'Ghana to benefit from G20 commitment to tackle tax evasion', 20 Nov 2014: The group of twenty (G20) industrialised and emerging nations have agreed at the 2014 Brisbane G20 Leaders’ Summit to fight tax evasion...a move that would...[benefit] Ghana and...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
Author: Centre for Applied Legal Studies and Singapore Management University School of Law
'Coalitions's submission to the Working Group', 129 Nov 2014:CALS (Centre for Applied Legal Studies )-SMU (Singapore Management University) Coalition (“the Coalition”) on NAPS: Update on Preliminary Guidance on National Action Plans and developments...
- Related stories: 3rd annual UN Forum on Business and Human Rights announced (Geneva, 1-3 Dec 2014)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans
Statement by Ms. Flavia Pansieri, United Nations Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights at the International Organisation of Employers
Author: Flavia Pansieri, United Nations Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights
Since the endorsement of the Guiding Principles by the Human Rights Council in 2011, OHCHR has supported implementation of the Principles by both States and business enterprises through outreach, training and capacity building...At the national level,...
Dangote Foundation, United Bank for Africa heed AU's call to private sector by donating funds to fight Ebola
Author: Nse Anthony-Uko, Leadership (Nigeria)
‘Dangote, UBA Donates $4m To Fight Ebola In Africa’, 12 Nov 2014: The Dangote Foundation and the United Bank for Africa (UBA) have donated $3 million and $1 million respectively to a fund established by African business leaders...to contain the...
- Related companies: Dangote Group