Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Ireland: Natl. Action Plan should include commitment to support efforts to prevent global tax avoidance, says Irish Centre for Human Rights
Author: Shane Darcy, Business and Human Rights in Ireland
"A human rights based approach to corporation tax (and its avoidance)", 7 Sep 2016...
- Related stories: EU Commission orders Ireland to recoup £11 billion from Apple over "sweetheart" tax deal
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans Latest news on tax avoidance Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Apple
Author: Human Rights in Business
...Part I addresses the jurisdictional challenges that third-country victims of human rights abuses committed by EU-based multinational companies (MNCs) face in seeking redress in EU Member State courts...The allocation of jurisdiction in...
- Related stories: Human Rights in Business release handbook & policy recommendations on suing companies in EU for abuses abroad
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: Colleen Theron, CLT EnviroLaw
"How will Brexit impact modern slavery and human rights in business?", 3 Aug 2016...
Author: Kate Hodal, Guardian (UK)
“Thailand: poultry workers cry fowl amid claim they ‘slept on floor next to 28,000 birds’”, 1 Aug 2016...
FIDH says legal & institutional reforms needed to address growing conflicts over land in ASEAN countries
Author: Ron Corben, VOA Cambodia
"Human Rights Body Calls for ASEAN Land Reforms", 22 July 2016...
Author: Pat Sweet, CCH Daily
"European Commission plans to tackle tax abuse and terrorist financing",...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
Latin America: NGO highlights attacks against human rights defenders in conflicts with business over lands, resources
Author: Peace Brigades International, PBI
“I think, therefore I resist: Grassroots experiences of alternative protection and promotion of human rights in the context of large-scale economic investment”...