Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
UK: Labour & trade unions call on Govt. to include protection for workers' rights in Brexit agreement
Author: Dan Sabbagh, The Guardian
'Labour: May proposals for workers' rights likely to be rejected', 1 Feb 2019...
- Related stories: Brexit: Potential impacts on labour rights
- Related in-depth areas: Brexit's potential impacts on business & human rights
Cambodia: Cambodian fishermen are to be protected with Thailand's ratification of ILO's Work in Fishing Convention
Author: Savi Khorn, The Phnom Penh Post
"Kingdom’s fishermen protected as Thais ratify ILO convention", 1 February 2019...
Cambodia: Better Factories Cambodia indicates improving conditions in Cambodian garment factories; violations continue to exist
Author: Fashionating World
"A Wake up Call for the Cambodian Textile Industry", 29 January 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Leading brands suggest labour reforms to the govt. after meeting on labour rights issues
- Related companies: adidas Gap H&M Nike
Cambodia: Over 100 representatives from govt., NGOs, local communities and the UN gather to discuss how to tackle climate change
Author: Kimmarita Long, The Phnom Penh Post
"Government, UN, NGOs meet to discuss Climate Change", 29 January 2019...
UK: JD Wetherspoon staff allege being forced to distribute Brexit 'propaganda' & call for living wage & trade union recognition
Author: Katie Grant, inews
"Wetherspoon's staff urge Tim Martin: Remove your pro-Brexit 'propaganda' from our pubs", 29 January 2019...
- Related companies: JD Wetherspoon
Author: Diario de Mallorca
“Entidades piden protección especial para las islas ante los Tratados de Comercio” – 23 de enero de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre el tratado vinculante
Dutch ship-owner fined for beaching ship in India under conditions causing damage to environment & health
Author: Hellenic Shipping News
"Another Dutch ship owner faces huge fine for having beached a vessel", 21 January 2019...
Cambodia: Businesses & unions send a joint letter to EU Trade Commissioner to express their concerns of potential EBA's withdrawal
Author: Chanthol Prak, Reuters
"Cambodia businesses, unions ask EU not to impose trade sanctions", 21 January 2019...
- Related stories: EU to launch withdrawal process of trade preferences in Cambodia over rights concerns & warns Myanmar of potential similar action
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: American Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia