Related stories and components
“Responsible Business Conduct Country Fact Sheet Colombia”- 2019...
“Responsible Business Conduct Country Fact Sheet Peru”- 2019...
Author: Juliane Kippenberg et Komala Ramachandra, Human Rights Watch
« Un élan dynamique vers une responsabilité accrue des entreprises », janvier 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
Cambodia: 36 NGOs & labour groups send a joint letter to PM calling for consultations around amended Law & the cease of harassment against unions
Author: Human Rights Watch & Others
"Joint Letter to Prime Minister Hun Sen: Cambodia’s Law on Trade Unions and Cases Against Union Leaders", 18 December 2019...
Qatar: ILO acknowledges reforms but emphasises "many more milestones" to go in protection of migrant rights
Author: Patrick Wintour, The Guardian (UK)
The Qatari official in charge of organising the [2022 Qatar World Cup] has claimed that criticism of his country’s treatment of migrant workers will have a ripple effect that will improve regional labour standards......
- Related stories: Qatar: Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy launches Workers' Welfare Standards, initiates internal and external monitoring for 2022 World Cup contracts
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE Latest news on major sporting events
Thailand: Following suspension of US trade benefits, rights groups urge legal reforms to ensure full enjoyment of worker freedoms
Author: Intl. Labor Rights Forum, American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), Be Slavery Free, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, and others
"Statement on U.S. Government Decision to Suspend Thailand’s Trade Preferences Due to Worker Rights Issues"...
Author: Web-Manager Center
« L’inspection du travail dans les pays arabes est confrontée à des difficultés majeures (Experts) », 20 novembre 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Middle East & North Africa
First stage of inaugural UK Fisheries Sector Human Rights and Social Welfare Baseline Project launched
Author: Human Rights at Sea
“UK fisheries sector human rights and social welfare baseline project gets underway”, 28 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry and Human Rights: Fishing