Inter-American Commission & Court
Related stories and components
Brazil: Federal Supreme Court ruling does not adopt time limit thesis on indigenous demarcations & contributes to protecting traditional peoples lands
USA: Abuses against migrant workers on Hawaii fishing fleet - NGO takes US Govt. before Inter-American Commission
Author: Associated Press (USA)
Claims of human rights abuses in Hawaii fleet...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
Author: Global Witness (United Kingdom)
In 2016, at least 200 land and environmental defenders were murdered – the deadliest year on record. Not only is this trend growing, it’s spreading – killings were dispersed across 24 countries, compared to 16 in 2015. With many killings unreported,...
- Related stories: New Global Witness report finds govts., businesses & investors are fueling violence against defenders, 200 of whom were killed in 2016
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Axis Bank BHP Billiton BNDES Coal India (CIL) Energy Transfer Partners Finnfund FMO Glencore Jindal Los Encinos San Miguel Corporation SOCO International South Eastern Coalfields Limited (part of Coal India Limited) Vedanta Resources Yes Bank
Ecuador: Indigenous tribes to denounce impacts of extractive industries on their identity and cultural rights before the Inter American Commission on Human Rights
Shuar Arútam, Sarayaku and Sápara indigenous peoples, …subscribed a petition for a thematic hearing before the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights that will hold sessions in Lima, Peru on July 3-7 2017. …In the case of the Shuar Arútam people,...
Guatemala: NGOs denounce threats against defender Lolita Chavez & Ki´che´ Council opposing to illegal logging
Author: Conectas Direitos Humanos (Brazil)
“Meio ambiente e direitos de povos tradicionais”, 25 de maio de 2017Seminário "...
- Related in-depth areas: Defensores/as de direitos humanos Últimas notícias sobre defensores/as de direitos humanos
Brazil: John Knox, UN Special Rapporteur on human rights & environment, Conectas, ISA & academics speak at seminar about environment and traditional peoples rights
Author: Conectas Human Rights (Brazil)
[On 19 May, John Know, the UN Special Rapporteur on environment and human rights, participated and spoke at the seminar “Environment and rights of traditional peoples: impacts of the flexibilization of environmental laws”. It was organized by Conectas...