UN Working Group on business & human rights
The UN Working Group on business & human rights was established by the UN Human Rights Council in 2011 for a 3-year term that continues to be renewed. Full details of its mandate, commentaries on its work, and other materials are on our dedicated portal.
Related stories and components
Author: UN Working Group on business & human rights
"Time for the G20 to act on commitments and step up leadership on business and human rights", June 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
Author: Instituto Danés de Derechos Humanos
“Empresas y derechos humanos en América Latina y el Caribe” – 1 de mayo de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Planes Nacionales de Acción, PNA
UN WG on business & human rights and various special rapporteurs call on gov't to protect HRDs vs Thammakaset suits
30 January 2019...
- Related stories: Thailand: Thammakaset sues HRDs for defamation on work supporting chicken farmers; groups urge govt to stop judicial harassment
- Related companies: Thammakaset 2
Author: Antonella Angelini, Columbia Law School, on Fair Observer
"The Way Ahead for a UN Treaty on Business and Human Rights", 28 Feb 2019...
- Related stories: Experts reflect on the Zero Draft of the legally binding treaty on business and human rights Reflections on the Zero Draft of the proposed legally binding treaty on business and human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Intergovernmental working group sessions Latest news on proposed binding treaty Statements, initiatives & commentaries
- Related companies: Vale
Author: Radio Nacional
“MINJUSDH destaca avances del Plan de Acción sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos” – 28 de febrero de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans
Author: Educa Oaxaca (México)
“Caso CODEDI: Detención arbitraria y abuso en contra de defensor de DH Froylán González”, 12 de febrero de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
Author: UN Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner (OHCHR)
"UN experts condemn deadly police response to protest against copper smelting plant in India, call for probe", 31 May 2018...
- Related stories: India: At least 10 people dead during protests against Vedanta's operations; co. responds
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders Natural resources (land, water, forests)
- Related companies: Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Vedanta Resources
The Civil Society Platform for Japan’s National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights (BHR-NAP Platform), a network of Japanese and international civil society organizations, has issued a statement stating that consultation with civil society in th...
UN Working Group issues report on human rights due diligence, with recommendations to governments, companies & investors
Full report to the UN General Assembly Companion note 1: Clarification of terms around human rights due diligence Companion note 2: Guidance to companies on human rights due diligence