Related stories and components
Author: Charles Lyons, Huffington Post [USA]
This year's annual World Economic Forum witnessed the launch of a group dedicated to ending pediatric AIDS -- the Business Leadership Council for a Generation Born Free of HIV. The Business Leadership Council is comprised of representatives from...
- Related in-depth areas: HIV/AIDS Latest news on Children Positive initiatives
- Related companies: Apax Partners Apria Healthcare Chevron Coca-Cola Estée Lauder GlaxoSmithKline Johnson & Johnson MAC Cosmetics (part of Estée Lauder) McKinsey Pfizer ViiV Healthcare (joint venture Pfizer & GlaxoSmithKline) Walt Disney
Author: UN News Centre
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today urged business leaders in the Asia and Pacific region to support the United Nations-led global effort to improve the health of women and children to create healthier communities across the world.
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
Author: María Prandi, Juan Andrés Cano y Daniel Arenas, Escola de Cultura de Pau, Instituto de Innovación Social, Universidad de Barcelona [España]
¿Cómo coordinar mejor la colaboración de las empresas en las crisis humanitarias? ¿Cuáles son los retos y los dilemas para las empresas, los Gobiernos, las ONG y las organizaciones internacionales? ¿Dónde deben establecer las empresas los límites entre...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre conflicto y paz
- Related companies: BBVA Coca-Cola Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) EDP (Energias de Portugal) Ericsson Google (part of Alphabet) HP (Hewlett-Packard) La Caixa Land Rover (part of Tata Group) Lendlease Project Management & Construction (formerly Bovis Lend Lease, trading as Lendlease) Microsoft Nike PWC Logistics Royal Caribbean Cruises Skype (part of Microsoft) Tata Group TNT (part of TPG) TPG UPS Vodafone
Private Sector Involvement in Women’s and Children’s Health is Crucial to Saving 16 Million Lives, Says UN SG
The UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today praised the involvement of leading businesses in the global effort to tackle women’s and children’s health...Private sector partners include Merck, which will launch a ten-year effort to prevent, treat, and...
[PDF] 2010 United Nations Private Sector Forum on the Millennium Development Goals: Thematic Discussion Briefing Note: Maternal and Child Health (MCH) and HIV/AIDS
Author: United Nations Private Sector Forum
Every year, between 350,000 and 500,000 women die from causes related to pregnancy and childbirth, with over 99 percent of all cases occurring in developing countries. Further, almost half of all child deaths occur within the first days of life.....
- Related in-depth areas: HIV/AIDS
Date: 03.31.11, 02:00PM – 03.31.11, 05:00PM...
- Related companies: Heineken
…The Tuesday ILO conference released a report, "HIV and AIDS Related Employment Discrimination in China," co-authored by ILO and the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC), which notes that PLWHIV in China are faced with...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: Catherine Saez, Intellectual Property Watch
The 18th International AIDS conference opened...in Vienna on Sunday...The biennial conference...cover[s]...new drugs and therapies, universal access, the human rights dimension of the epidemic, including stigma and discrimination, but also the impact...
Author: Tian Ying, Xinhua [China]
…A survey conducted by UNAIDS and China, found 23.3 percent of 2,096 HIV-positive workers claimed they had been denied employment, and many did not expose their positive status for fear of discrimination...China began implementing a regulation on HIV...