Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Virgin CEO & 20 other executives sign onto initiative in support of LBGT+ rights; urge other businesses to follow suit
Author: Hugo Greenhalgh, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Billionaire Branson urges business to back LGBT+ rights", 2 May 2019...
Civic leaders & CEOs from The B Team urge US Congress to support legislation to curb use of anonymous companies
Author: 12 civic leaders & CEOs from The B Team
"US government action on anonymous companies is crucial in global effort to fight corruption," 30 April 2019...
Microsoft joins Climate Leadership Council that demands fossil fuel companies be granted legal immunity over liability for emissions
Author: Oliver Milman, Guardian (UK)
"Microsoft joins group seeking to kill off historic climate change lawsuits", 2 May 2019...
Author: John G. Ruggie
"ESG investing: Coming into its own - and not a moment too soon," 24 April 2019...
Sri Lanka: Fairtrade & Rainforest Alliance investigate after illegal wage deductions exposed at certified tea plantations; Incl. co. comments
Author: Lisa Fuller, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"EXCLUSIVE-Tea label giants vow probe after Sri Lanka labour abuse expose", 27 March 2019...
Author: Open Global Rights
“Las tecnologías de cadena de bloques aportan una transparencia que podría mejorar las prácticas de derechos humanos”, 24 de enero de 2019...
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Unilever
Author: The B Team (USA)
Today students all over the world are taking part in #YouthStrike4Climate demanding climate action for their futures. You all have my full support. Thank you for the bravery & passion you show. #FridaysForFuture #GlobalStrike4Climate pic.twitter...
- Related stories: Young people stage global climate strike in 123 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Climate justice Latest news on Children Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Kering Unilever Virgin Group
Young people stage global climate strike in 125 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
Young people rallied on 15 March to press politicians to act on climate change - the global climate strike took place in over 2000 locations in 125 countries on all continents, including Antarctica. Their message is that "last year’s UN Intergovernmen...