Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Accompanying notes (from the company): All of Unilever's disclosure relating to the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark can be found on our global website - www.unilever.com. The exception is the attached example of a joint news-letter from Unilever and...
- Related stories: Unilever’s submission to the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark disclosure platform
- Related companies: Unilever
"Unilever Group reply to CORE post (“Unilever: Time for real leadership on human rights”) referring to Kenya tea workers", 23 July 2018
- Related stories: UK appeals court dismisses lawsuit against Unilever over 2007 post-election attacks at tea plantation in Kenya; includes co's statement
- This is a response from the following companies: Unilever
UK appeals court dismisses lawsuit against Unilever over 2007 post-election attacks at tea plantation in Kenya; includes co's statement
On 4 July 2018, the UK Court of Appeal dismissed a case against Unilever brought by the survivors of 2007 post-election attacks at a tea plantation in Kenya. The lawsuit alleged that UK-registered parent company and its Kenyan-registered subsidiary...
Author: Traidcraft Exchange
Many British blends include tea from Assam, where people get poverty wages, are scared to speak up and have no way out. The big British brands know this but aren’t doing enough to challenge it....
- Related stories: Yorkshire Tea becomes first major tea brand to publish supplier list
- Related companies: Associated British Foods Clipper Holdings PG Tips (part of Unilever) Tata Tea (part of Tata Group) Taylors of Harrogate (part of Bettys & Taylors Group) Tetley (part of Tata Tea) Twinings (part of Associated British Foods) Typhoo Unilever
Yorkshire Tea, Twinings, Tetley, Clipper & PG Tips become first major tea brands to publish supplier list
In June 2018 Yorkshire Tea (part of Taylors of Harrogate) became the first major UK tea brand to publish its supplier list. The brand made the move following the "Who picked my tea?" campaign by Tradcraft Exchange. In August 2018, Twinings followed su...
Report by Chartered Institute of Building analyses UK construction industry's response to Modern Slavery Act
Author: Emma Crates, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Construction and the Modern Slavery Act: Tackling exploitation in the UK, May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Arcadis Balfour Beatty Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) IKEA Land Securities Lend Lease Marks & Spencer Mars Marshalls Sainsbury's Sir Robert McAlpine Skanska Tesco Unilever Vinci Walmart
Author: Hannah Fernandez, Eco-Business
American ice cream maker Ben & Jerry’s has partnered with climate activism group 350.org Australia to launch a campaign to freeze fossil fuels investments, by encouraging Australians to lobby their local governing bodies to ensure that none of its...
In 2017, CHRB launched the first Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, a landmark assessment of the largest public companies in the agricultural products, apparel and extractives industries. In 2018, CHRB will be releasing the follow up benchmark and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark launches 2018 Progress Report
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Petroleum Marks & Spencer McDonald's Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Woolworths Group YUM!