Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: Ghanaian Times
"Unilever creates livelihood opportunities for women", 19 November 2018....
- Related companies: Unilever
Business leaders urge EU to ensure climate targets are aligned with just transition to net-zero emissions
Author: Sam Morgan, EURACTIV.com
Business leaders have urged the EU to scrap greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 and increase climate ambition in time to stick to the Paris Agreement, in a letter seen by EURACTIV....
DRC: Communities file complaint with German development bank to resolve land dispute with palm oil producer PHC
Note: For a comment by German development bank DEG please see here (in German).
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
Since its inception, the CHRB has been aiming to answer a deceptively simple question; which companies perform best on human rights issues? [...] [T]his document [...] rank[s] 101 of the world’s largest companies in high human-rights-risk sectors and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases 2018 ranking results on human rights performance of 101 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México H&M Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Sasol Shell Shenhua Group Shoprite Sinopec Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Wesfarmers Woolworths Group YUM!
Author: Financial Times
Prada, Starbucks and Kraft Heinz are among companies criticised for a lack of transparency on human rights in their businesses and supply chains, despite pressure from governments and an investor-backed group....
Apple, Facebook and Google among 56 businesses telling the Trump administration not to weaken transgender rights
Author: Tony Romm, The Washington Post
"Apple, Facebook and Google among 56 businesses telling Trump not to weaken transgender rights", 1 November 2018...
The B Team releases research that shows limits on civic freedoms are linked to negative economic outcomes
Author: The B Team (USA)
"The business case for protecting civic rights", 15 Oct 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Unilever