Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: Friends of the Earth
[refers to Cadbury Schweppes, Raja Garuda Mas, Sinar Mas, Unilever, Walkers (part of PepsiCo), Jacob's Bakery, Cargill, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Archer Daniels Midland, Pura Foods, Kellog's]
- Related stories: Friends of the Earth calls on Cadbury Schweppes to require higher environmental, social standards from palm oil suppliers
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Cargill Heinz Jacob's Bakery PepsiCo Pura Foods Raja Garuda Mas Sainsbury Sinar Mas Group Tesco Unilever Walkers (part of PepsiCo)
Author: Commission on the Private Sector & Development, Report to the Secretary General of the United Nations
[refers to Cemex, Casas Bahia, Infosys, ICICI, Hindustan Lever, Daewoo, Grameenphone, Vodacom]
Author: Jane Nelson, in BottomLine, joint publication between National Business Initiative (NBI, South Africa) and Prince of Wales International Business Leaders Forum (IBLF)
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
Only a portion of the palm oil on the market is grown sustainably, with much of the increase in production displacing rainforests and indigenous communities. [refers to Body Shop, Cadbury Schweppes, Colgate-Palmolive, Compass Group, Marks &...
From time to time we receive enquiries about the factory site we have at Kodaikanal, India. The site formerly produced medical thermometers containing mercury. Greenpeace India raised questions about the operations at the site, and other organisations...
- Related stories: Compensation sought for mercury contamination [India]
- Related companies: Hindustan Unilever Unilever
Author: Mamadou Doumbes, Le Patriote [Côte d'Ivoire]
Le secteur de l'Industrie, en Côte d'Ivoire, emploie environ 2 millions de personnes soit 12% de la population qui restent aussi exposés au ravage du VIH/SIDA. Et pour faire face à une catastrophe éventuelle de cette pandémie, des entreprises s...
Author: Ann Zammit, United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) & South Centre
In recent years the United Nations (UN) has increasingly engaged in what it refers to as partnership with the private sector in order to hasten the achievement of the development goals of the United Nations (UN). This idea underpins the United Nations...
- Related companies: ABN Amro American Express Aventis (now part of Sanofi-Aventis) Barclays BASF BP Burger King Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Enron Ernst & Young KPMG McDonald's Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Nestlé Nokia PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Rabobank Reebok (part of adidas) Rio Tinto Sanofi-Aventis Unilever West LB Westpac