Author: Kathrin Werner, Süddeutsche Zeitung
"Firmenchefs sind die neuen Wächter der Werte", 27 Februar 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Firmen distanzieren sich von der Waffenlobby nach Schießerei an Schule in Florida, bei der 17 Menschen starben
- Related in-depth areas: Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Apple BlackRock Delta Air Lines eBay Hertz PayPal (part of eBay) United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Continental
USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
On 14 February 2018, Nikolas Cruz, a former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, killed 17 people with a legally purchased AR-15 rifle, according to authorities. Following the mass shooting, people have pressured...
The Trump administration has formally announced the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) programme, which had protected nearly 800,000 young undocumented immigrants brought to the US as children from deportation and provided them...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
USA: 379 businesses & organizations submit statement to US Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage
Author: Human Rights Campaign
This year, an historic 304 major businesses…scored 100 percent on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and the coveted distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” These companies adopted a full framework of LGBT inclusion in the workplace,...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign releases ranking of “best places to work for LGBT equality”
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acerinox Aetna AIG Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alston & Bird AMC Networks American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Express Ameriprise Financial Apple Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AT&T Automatic Data Processing Avon AXA Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BlackRock Blue Cross BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Bristol-Myers Squibb Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cargill Charles Schwab Chevron Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox Coca-Cola Comcast Corning Covington & Burling Credit Suisse Cummins Danaher Darden Restaurants Dechert Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLA Piper Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts EMC EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Fenwick & West Ford Freddie Mac GameStop Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher Giorgio Armani GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Hartford Financial Services Herman Miller Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hyatt IBM Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Land O'Lakes Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Littler Mendelson Lockheed Martin Marriott Marsh & McLennan MasterCard McDermott Will & Emery McKesson McKinsey Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nielsen Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Northern Trust Novartis Office Depot Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Pfizer Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman PNC Financial Services PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Publicis Qualcomm Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rockwell Automation Salesforce.com SAP Sears Sempra Energy Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Staples Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels Sun Life Financial SunTrust Banks Symantec T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Thomson Reuters Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota UBS Unilever Union Bank of California United Continental United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Volkswagen Walgreen Walt Disney Wells Fargo Whirlpool White & Case Wyndham Xerox Yahoo!
Seventh Circuit Holds That ADA [Americans with Disabilities Act] Mandates Reassignment of Disabled Employees to Vacant Positions Unless Employer Can Prove Undue Hardship [USA]
Author: ARENT FOX LLP [USA]
In a recent decision under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit reversed a prior holding and held that the ADA mandates transfer of disabled workers to vacant positions for which they are qualified...
Author: L.M. Sixel, Houston Chronicle [USA]
Unions that represent transportation workers long complained that federal organizing rules made it harder for them to win representation elections in the workplace. That roadblock disappeared last spring when the government reversed a 75-year-old...