Headquarters in USA
Pratt & Whitney Sponsors Industry-EPA [U.S. Environmental Protection Agency] Pollution-Reduction Initiative [aimed at reducing pollution at its metal finishing suppliers]
...Pratt & Whitney [part of United Technologies] is the second corporate sponsor of the Strategic Goals Program, following the Raytheon Company in 2001.
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
A simple list of corporate crimes, presented along with guilty pleas or fine payments, hints at the pervasiveness of poor corporate ethics...journalists Russell Mokhiber and Robert Weissman have compiled a list of The Top 100 Corporate Criminals of...
- Related stories: List of corporations found guilty of crimes in the 1990s
- Related companies: ExxonMobil Pfizer Royal Caribbean Cruises United Technologies
Author: Frans van der Woerd, David Levy & Katie Begg (eds.), Greener Management International: The Journal of Corporate Environmental Strategy and Practice (no. 39)
includes chapters on: "An Overview of Corporate Strategies" [refers to BP, Lafarge, General Motors, DuPont, Boeing, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Shell, United Technologies, Whirlpool, Deutsche Telekom, Gerling Group, Munich Re, Ford, Coca-Cola, Alcan,...
- Related companies: AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) American Electric Power Bank of America Baxter International Boeing BP Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Chevron Chugoku Electric Power Coca-Cola Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom DuPont Electrabel Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Entergy ExxonMobil Ford Fortum Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) General Motors Gerling Group IBM ING Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Lafarge MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Motorola Munich Re Nike Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Pechiney (part of Rio Tinto) Rabobank RWE Shell Shikoku Electric Power ST Microelectronics Statoil Stora Enso Suncor Swiss Re Temple-Inland Tohoku Electric Power Total TransAlta UBS United Technologies Whirlpool
Author: John M. Moran, Hartford Courant
More than 70 former Pratt & Whitney [part of United Technologies] employees or their survivors are suing the jet-engine maker for exposures to toxic chemicals and other substances that they say caused cancer, and in many cases, death.
Author: Ann DeMatteo, New Haven Register
A lawsuit will be filed against Pratt & Whitney Aircraft and its parent, United Technologies Corp., alleging the companies were responsible for the death or disability of employees due to brain tumors.
Author: Amnesty International
As this study shows, the governments of the G8 authorize unparalleled levels of arms and related assistance to the world's armed forces and law enforcement agencies, but often to those who persistently commit gross human rights violations - equipping...
- Related stories: G8 Arms Exports & Human Rights Violations (Amnesty International)
- Related companies: Air Cess BAE Systems Bell Helicopter (part of Textron) Boeing Bombardier Booz Allen Hamilton Brenco International Carl Walther Carlyle Group Diehl DynCorp Eclats Antivols Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Fiat Finmeccanica Fritz Werner Company Gazprom General Dynamics General Motors Giat (now Nexter) Heckler & Koch Kawasaki Heavy Industries Mauser-Werke MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) New Gomair Nico-Pyrotechnik Nortel Networks Panhard Planetair Pratt and Whitney (part of United Technologies) R-Plus Rheinmetall Rivolier Smith and Wesson ST Kinetics (Singapore Technologies Kinetics, part of ST Engineering) Suburban Guns Textron Thyssen Henschel United Technologies Vinnell (part of Northrop Grumman)
Author: United Technologies
- Related companies: United Technologies
Author: EarthRights International
This report seeks to summarize the history, jurisprudence and politics of ATCA in order to explain how this relatively obscure law became a lightning rod in the world of business and human rights...[refers to Unocal, Chevron (part of ChevronTexaco),...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) full report: "In Our Court: ATCA, Sosa and the Triumph of Human Rights" Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Bank of America Barclays BNP Paribas CACI Chentex Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Computer Sciences (CSC) Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dow Chemical Drummond DynCorp Eastman Kodak ExxonMobil Ford Freeport-McMoRan Fresh Del Monte Produce General Motors Grupo México Halliburton IBM Newmont Goldcorp Occidental Petroleum Pfizer Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) PricewaterhouseCoopers Rio Tinto Shell Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Talisman Texaco (part of Chevron) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Total UBS Union Carbide (part of Dow) United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) Westinghouse
Author: Intl. Confederation of Free Trade Unions (ICFTU)
[Updated Jan 2005] The database has been compiled by the ICFTU, based on publicly available information. It is a database of companies which appear, from the information available, to have some form of relationship with Burma...This list is not...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese Investment Overseas Other issues Southeast Asia
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Kent Acer Aditya Birla Group Adventures Abroad Air Canada Air China Air France KLM Airbus (part of EADS) Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Amer Aon APL Limited (part of Neptune Orient Lines) Aptech Bangkok Bank Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Ben Line Agencies Berli Jucker Bernas BJ Services Blue Mountain BlueScope Steel Cambrian Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Celio CHC Chengda Chevalier Chia Khim Lee China Academy of Telecommunication Technology China Airlines China CAMC Engineering China Exim China Metallurgical (MCC) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Telecom Chiyoda Coles Group Cosco CP (Charoen Pokphand) Crédit Agricole Daewoo International (part of Posco) Davis Langdon DBS Bank Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diethelm Keller DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dongfeng Motor Downer Edi East Asiatic Company Electricité et Eaux de Madagascar Eni ESRI First Cabin Fortinet Fritz Werner Company Fuji Heavy Industries GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Garuda Indonesia General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Hagemeyer Hapag-Lloyd Group Hazama Hitachi Hitchins Hutchison Whampoa Hyosung Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group IHC Caland Indian Airlines Indian Oil Corporation Inetol Headwear Ingersoll-Rand Intergraph International Finerhandel International Hardwood Flooring International SOS Italthai (Italian-Thai Development Public Company) Itochu Ivanhoe Mines Japan Airlines Jardine Matheson Jet Gold JFE Kajima Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Kmart (part of Sears) KMC Oiltools KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Korea East-West Power (part of Korea Electric Power) Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Korea United Pharm Leeward Capital Leica Geosystems Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Lexmark LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) LightPointe Lloyd's of London Lonely Planet Louis Dreyfus LSG Sky Chefs Lufthansa Majuko Malaysia Airlines MAN Marubeni Michelin Midas Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL) Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) MMC Nera Nestlé Network Equipment Technologies NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) Nippon Koei Nippon Oil Nishimatsu Construction Nissei Noble Caledonia OCBC Bank OCS Okaya Omega Watches (part of Swatch) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) OOCL (part of Orient Overseas (International) Limited) Otis (part of United Technologies) Pansea Hotels & Resorts Pertamina Petronas PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Qantas Airways Ranbaxy Laboratories Rheinmetall Robbins Timber Rolls-Royce plc Samsung Schenker Schindler Schlumberger Schneider Electric Sea Containers Senao Shangri-La Hotel Shin Siemens Singapore Petroleum Sinopec Snamprogetti (part of Eni) Sojitz Solvay SriLankan Airlines State Bank of India Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Wah Suzuki Swatch Swift (co-operative) Telekom Malaysia Texchem Thai Airways International Thomas Cook Total Toyota Ukrspetsexport UMW United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) Van de Stadt Waagner-Biro Willis Zhejiang Orient Holding ZTE