Headquarters in USA
Author: La Raza
“Autoridades demandan a empresas de entregas que protejan a sus trabajadores” – 28 de marzo de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): personas trabajadoras de cadenas de suministro Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas
- Related companies: FedEx UPS
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Author: Mallory Simon & Sara Sidner, CNN
"Black workers in Ohio accuse UPS of allowing hate at work," 13 March 2019...
USA: Amazon drivers allege lack of overtime pay, missing wages & intimidation; inc. company statement
Author: Hayley Peterson, Business Insider
"Missing wages, grueling shifts, and bottles of urine: the disturbing accounts of Amazon delivery drivers may reveal the true cost of 'free' shipping," 11 Sept 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Senator Bernie Sanders calls on Amazon & Walmart to pay a living wage; includes company comments
- Related companies: Amazon.com FedEx UPS
USA: UPS, Nestlé & Microsoft among govt. contractors questioned on human rights due diligence following involvement in travel ban restrictions
Author: NomoGaia (USA)
“Companies are Helping the US Government Keep Travelers Out: Is it Rights-Respectful?”, 17 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's second travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: AT&T BAE Systems Bechtel CACI General Dynamics HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM L-3 Communications McKesson Microsoft Nestlé Northrop Grumman PAE (see Pacific Architects and Engineers) Raytheon Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Sprint United Technologies UPS Verizon
UNICEF & UN Global Compact release guidance on how businesses can help uphold children's rights in humanitarian crises
Author: UNICEF & UN Global Compact
"Guidance on Children in Humanitarian Crises: What Business Can Do," 19 Nov 2016...
Author: The White House
"FACT SHEET: White House Launches a Call to Action for Private Sector Engagement on the Global Refugee Crisis," 30 Jun 2016...
Collection of company initiatives addressing children's rights in humanitarian crises beyond philanthropy
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On this page, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has compiled examples of positive company initiatives, that go beyond philanthropy, to address children's rights in humanitarian crisis. This information has been gathered out of publicly...