Headquarters in USA
USA: Amazon drivers allege lack of overtime pay, missing wages & intimidation; inc. company statement
Author: Hayley Peterson, Business Insider
"Missing wages, grueling shifts, and bottles of urine: the disturbing accounts of Amazon delivery drivers may reveal the true cost of 'free' shipping," 11 Sept 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Senator Bernie Sanders calls on Amazon & Walmart to pay a living wage; includes company comments
- Related companies: Amazon.com FedEx UPS
USA: UPS, Nestlé & Microsoft among govt. contractors questioned on human rights due diligence following involvement in travel ban restrictions
Author: NomoGaia (USA)
“Companies are Helping the US Government Keep Travelers Out: Is it Rights-Respectful?”, 17 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's second travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: AT&T BAE Systems Bechtel CACI General Dynamics HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM L-3 Communications McKesson Microsoft Nestlé Northrop Grumman PAE (see Pacific Architects and Engineers) Raytheon Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Sprint United Technologies UPS Verizon
UNICEF & UN Global Compact release guidance on how businesses can help uphold children's rights in humanitarian crises
Author: UNICEF & UN Global Compact
"Guidance on Children in Humanitarian Crises: What Business Can Do," 19 Nov 2016...
Author: The White House
"FACT SHEET: White House Launches a Call to Action for Private Sector Engagement on the Global Refugee Crisis," 30 Jun 2016...
Collection of company initiatives addressing children's rights in humanitarian crises beyond philanthropy
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On this page, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has compiled examples of positive company initiatives, that go beyond philanthropy, to address children's rights in humanitarian crisis. This information has been gathered out of publicly...
Author: Elsa Wenzel, GreenBiz
Among hundreds of corporations backing COP21 climate actions, few are trekking to Paris, instead backing blockbuster commitments or coalitions to represent them…Here are some of the bulkiest groups…Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is teaming up with...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: ABB Abengoa Alcoa Alibaba.com Alphabet Alstom Amazon.com Anglo American Apple AT&T Bank of America Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP BT Calpine Clif Bar Coca-Cola Commerzbank Dow Chemical Eni Facebook General Mills General Motors Glencore Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Hershey Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA Intel JPMorgan Chase Kellogg KPN LafargeHolcim Levi Strauss Mars McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto Morgan Stanley National Grid Nestlé Pemex PepsiCo PG&E Reed Elsevier Group Reliance Industries Repsol Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics Salesforce.com Saudi Aramco Schneider Electric Shell Siemens Starbucks Statoil Stonyfield Farm Suez Swiss Re Total Unilever UPS Virgin Group Wells Fargo Xerox
Author: Concepcion Alvarez, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Climat : 140 milliards de dollars, l'engagement de 13 poids lourds de l'économie américaine », 27 juillet 2015...
Author: US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Companies are mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and resources to assist with the recovery efforts following the earthquake in Nepal. Businesses have pledged $26.8 million in cash and additional in kind contributions in support of relief and...
- Related stories: Nepal: Companies respond to earthquake, aid rescue mission & rehabilitation efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T AXA Bank of Montreal BASF Bharti Airtel BJ Services Bristol-Myers Squibb Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Clorox Coca-Cola Columbia Sportswear Deutsche Telekom DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo DSM eBay Facebook Fast Retailing FedEx Ford Gap General Motors Google H&M Henry Schein Honda Hudson's Bay IKEA Inditex ITC JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kingfisher Kohl's Marsh & McLennan Metlife Microsoft Mitsubishi Group National Bank of Canada New York Life Panasonic PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Qualcomm Royal Bank of Canada SAP Sealed Air Sears Shaw Communications Square Group Starbucks Sun Life Financial T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Tata Group Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Uber UPS Verizon Visa Group Vodafone Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo!