Headquarters in USA
Author: Corrections Accountability Project
On April 6, 2018, the administration announced a "zero tolerance" immigration policy that requires every undocumented adult immigrant and asylum seeker in the U.S. to be criminally prosecuted under federal law... The "zero tolerance" immigration policy...
We will not be commenting on individual companies or holdings. It is our desire that policymakers come to a swift resolution to ensure the safety and security of the children who have been separated from their families. While defense companies make up...
- Related stories: USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
- This is a response from the following companies: Vanguard
USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
In May 2018, the Trump administration announced that it would increase prosecutions of migrants and asylum seekers crossing the US-Mexico border and implemented a “zero tolerance” policy intended to deter new migrants with the threat of jail sentences...
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Limited
Author: Mindy Lubber, Forbes
...That’s why Ceres [Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability] and six other organizations from around the world debuted The Investor Agenda...This comprehensive agenda provides a menu of options for investors to take in four key focus...
- Related stories: New initiative encourages investor leadership on climate issues
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Mitigation
- Related companies: Bank of America BlackRock Citigroup ExxonMobil Fidelity Investments Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) Occidental Petroleum State Street Vanguard
Author: Alexandra Posadzki, Globe & Mail (Canada)
“Business risk from climate change now top of mind for Canada’s corporate boards”, 22 Nov 2017...
Australia: Shareholder resolutions call for listed companies to act on social and environmental issues
Author: Ruth Williams, Sydney Morning Herald
"How the new generation of activists corners boards", 14 October 2017...
Author: Ceres (USA)
Published on: 31 May 2017...
Indonesia: Court orders local govt. to review palm oil plantation permits & hold companies accountable for 2015 deforestation fires
Author: Friends of the Earth, on EcoWatch
"Historic Verdict in Indonesia’s Fight Against Deforestation", 5 Apr 2017...
Author: Eric March, Upworthy
“A spice company CEO took a stand against bigotry. It turned out to be good for business”, 2 December 2016...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: 3M Kellogg Vanguard