Headquarters in USA
“Nuevo informe anual: Balance Preliminar de las Economías de América Latina y el Caribe 2018” – enero 2019...
Philippines: Report alleges 'opaque investments' in coal projects that are causing environmental & social harms; some investors respond
The report, "Broken Promises: The World Bank, International Investors and the Fight for Climate Justice in the Philippines," raises serious allegations concerning various companies' support of coal power plan projects in the Philippines through 'opaqu...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the company to respond to the allegations in the report. It did not send a response.
- Related stories: Philippines: Report alleges 'opaque investments' in coal projects that are causing environmental & social harms; some companies respond
- This is a non response from the following companies: Vanguard
Author: Corrections Accountability Project
On April 6, 2018, the administration announced a "zero tolerance" immigration policy that requires every undocumented adult immigrant and asylum seeker in the U.S. to be criminally prosecuted under federal law... The "zero tolerance" immigration policy...
We will not be commenting on individual companies or holdings. It is our desire that policymakers come to a swift resolution to ensure the safety and security of the children who have been separated from their families. While defense companies make up...
- Related stories: USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
- This is a response from the following companies: Vanguard
USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
In May 2018, the Trump administration announced that it would increase prosecutions of migrants and asylum seekers crossing the US-Mexico border and implemented a “zero tolerance” policy intended to deter new migrants with the threat of jail sentences...
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Limited
Author: Mindy Lubber, Forbes
...That’s why Ceres [Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability] and six other organizations from around the world debuted The Investor Agenda...This comprehensive agenda provides a menu of options for investors to take in four key focus...
- Related stories: New initiative encourages investor leadership on climate issues
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Mitigation
- Related companies: Bank of America BlackRock Citigroup ExxonMobil Fidelity Investments Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) Occidental Petroleum State Street Vanguard
Author: Alexandra Posadzki, Globe & Mail (Canada)
“Business risk from climate change now top of mind for Canada’s corporate boards”, 22 Nov 2017...