Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Limited
Author: Mindy Lubber, Forbes
...That’s why Ceres [Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability] and six other organizations from around the world debuted The Investor Agenda...This comprehensive agenda provides a menu of options for investors to take in four key focus...
- Related stories: New initiative encourages investor leadership on climate issues
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Mitigation
- Related companies: Bank of America BlackRock Citigroup ExxonMobil Fidelity Investments Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) Occidental Petroleum State Street Vanguard
Author: Alexandra Posadzki, Globe & Mail (Canada)
“Business risk from climate change now top of mind for Canada’s corporate boards”, 22 Nov 2017...
Australia: Shareholder resolutions call for listed companies to act on social and environmental issues
Author: Ruth Williams, Sydney Morning Herald
"How the new generation of activists corners boards", 14 October 2017...
Author: Ceres (USA)
Published on: 31 May 2017...
Indonesia: Court orders local govt. to review palm oil plantation permits & hold companies accountable for 2015 deforestation fires
Author: Friends of the Earth, on EcoWatch
"Historic Verdict in Indonesia’s Fight Against Deforestation", 5 Apr 2017...
Author: Eric March, Upworthy
“A spice company CEO took a stand against bigotry. It turned out to be good for business”, 2 December 2016...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: 3M Kellogg Vanguard
Olam creating "black box" of palm oil from unknown sources, fuelling deforestation "from Gabon to Indonesia" - NGO report
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers