Fair Labor Association
- Location: Washington, DC
- Rolling application
The Vice President of the Fair Labor Association will provide leadership and management for FLA staff and programs. The Vice President is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and an important driver of organizational and programmatic change. The Vice President will work closely with his/her colleagues and under the Direction of the President/CEO to steer the organization towards achievement of its overall goal: "To Improve Workers’ Lives Worldwide.”
▪ Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
▪ Support President in managing day-to-day operations of the organization.
▪ Facilitate communication among staff in different departments to promote collaboration, coordination, integration, productivity and accountability.
▪ Lead review of strategic plan and recommend steps to align staff responsibilities and programs with organizational plans and priorities.
▪ Prepare and execute a strategy, in consultation with the CFO, to secure government/multilateral and foundation grants.
▪ Oversee organization’s work on Fair Compensation
▪ Provide program leadership, guidance and innovation to ensure integrity of organizational programs and research initiatives, including the quality and continuous improvement including the SCI methodology and business accreditation process.
▪ Provide policy direction for and lead relationship with the Monitoring Committee.
▪ Manage the planning, preparation, and execution of FLA Board of Directors meetings three times per year, including coordinating with all teams on calendar of deadlines, written materials provided to the Board, content of the meetings, communications about the meetings, identification of special guests, and development of issue panels.
▪ Provide regular reporting, analyses and assessments to the President/CEO, the Senior Leadership Team and the Board regarding organizational progress, challenges and opportunities.
▪ Represent the FLA in various forums, including international conferences and events.
▪ Act on behalf of the President as required, and carry out other responsibilities as requested by the President.
SUPERVISION: The Vice President works under the direct supervision of the President. He/she will supervise program staff.
● Extensive knowledge of labor issues in supply chains.
● Reputation as a respected and effective manager.
● Proven track record of success facilitating change and development within a growing organization.
● Experience leading organizational strategic planning.
● Experience securing government/multilateral and foundation grants.
● Familiarity with nonprofit finance, accounting regulations, and grants management.
● Proven track record as collaborative individual who is able to work toward reaching a consensus with a variety of stakeholders.
● Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion and sound judgment
● Experience in nonprofit organizations, including labor, and/or with governments and policymakers.
● Strong writing and communication skills and ability to operate as an effective strategic as well as tactical thinker
● Ability to make presentations to different audiences, including but not limited to members of the FLA Board and representing the FLA at public forums (workshops, conferences, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
● Master’s Degree in economics, industrial/labor relations, international business/ relations, or public policy. Law degree is a plus.
● At least 10 years of management experience required.
● At least 10 years of experience in CSR or international labor required.
● Work full time out the DC office
● Overseas Travel
Please send cover letter, resume and salary history to [email protected] Include Vice President in the subject line. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit salary history. Fair Labor Association 1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 401 Washington, DC 20036 202-898-1000 (Tel) 202-898-9050 (Fax)