Headquarters in United Kingdom
Virgin Group website: http://www.virgin.com
Virgin CEO & 20 other executives sign onto initiative in support of LBGT+ rights; urge other businesses to follow suit
Author: Hugo Greenhalgh, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Billionaire Branson urges business to back LGBT+ rights", 2 May 2019...
Civic leaders & CEOs from The B Team urge US Congress to support legislation to curb use of anonymous companies
Author: 12 civic leaders & CEOs from The B Team
"US government action on anonymous companies is crucial in global effort to fight corruption," 30 April 2019...
Author: The B Team (USA)
Today students all over the world are taking part in #YouthStrike4Climate demanding climate action for their futures. You all have my full support. Thank you for the bravery & passion you show. #FridaysForFuture #GlobalStrike4Climate pic.twitter...
- Related stories: Young people stage global climate strike in 125 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
- Related in-depth areas: Climate justice Latest news on Children Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Kering Unilever Virgin Group
Young people stage global climate strike in 125 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
Young people rallied on 15 March to press politicians to act on climate change - the global climate strike took place in over 2000 locations in 125 countries on all continents, including Antarctica. Their message is that "last year’s UN Intergovernmen...
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Author: Natasha Turak, CNBC
"Mark Mobius doesn’t think anyone should be investing in Saudi Arabia", 8 January 2019...
Business leaders urge EU to ensure climate targets are aligned with just transition to net-zero emissions
Author: Sam Morgan, EURACTIV.com
Business leaders have urged the EU to scrap greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 and increase climate ambition in time to stick to the Paris Agreement, in a letter seen by EURACTIV....
Major news organisations and business leaders withdraw from Saudi investment conference over missing journalist
On October 2, 2018, prominent Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi went missing after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Khashoggi, a once royal advisor turned critic, was murdered by Saudi agents in the consultate. Khashoggi's case prompted a...
Author: Alex Cobham, Tax Justice Network
"The B-Team: Lowering the bar for tax transparency?", 16 Feb 2018...
- Related stories: The B team & 9 leading companies launch new responsible tax principles
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
- Related companies: Unilever Virgin Group
B Team report highlights positive company actions to reach net-zero GHG emissions by 2050 & ensure a just transition
Author: The B Team
... The B Team companies working towards net-zero [emissions] are from a diverse set of industries... yet common challenges can be identified... [For example,] cleaning up an entire companies energy supply continues to be an immense challenge,...