Headquarters in United Kingdom
Virgin Group website: http://www.virgin.com
Author: Nat Levy, GeekWire
...[D]riving progress on addressing climate change is what’s best for the economic health, jobs, and competitiveness of our companies and our country... [W]e stand by our conviction that a commitment to the Paris Agreement requires a just transition...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: ABB adidas Adobe Systems Allianz Alphabet Aon Apple Atlassian Autodesk Bank of America Bertelsmann Brown-Forman Corporation Cargill Chobani Citigroup CMS Energy Coca-Cola Corning Dana Décathlon DuPont Ecolab Edison International Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Gap Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Gucci Henkel Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA InterContinental Hotels Kering Levi Strauss Mars MasterCard Microsoft Mondelēz International National Grid Nestlé NRG Energy Patagonia PepsiCo PG&E Public Service Enterprise Group PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Stonyfield Farm Tesla Motors Thrive Global Tiffany Total Unilever Verizon Virgin Group Walt Disney Zurich
Business statement calls on governments to promote refugee inclusion in the Sustainable Development Goals
Author: Ben & Jerry's, Virgin, IRC, The B Team & 15 others
"Securing SDG progress and inclusion for refugees", November 2019...
Author: Europe 1
« Lutte contre les inégalités : 34 entreprises mondiales s'engagent », 23 août 2019...
- Related stories: G7 : Les entreprises s'engagent contre les inégalités et pour l'environnement
- Related companies: Accenture AXA BASF BNP Paribas Crédit Agricole Danone Dr Pepper Snapple Group Edelman Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Goldman Sachs Groupe BPCE Henkel IKEA J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson Kering L'Oreal Legal & General Investment Management Mars Renault Ricoh Schneider Electric Sodexo Suez TIAA-CREF Unilever Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Virgin Group
Virgin CEO & 20 other executives sign onto initiative in support of LBGT+ rights; urge other businesses to follow suit
Author: Hugo Greenhalgh, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Billionaire Branson urges business to back LGBT+ rights", 2 May 2019...
Civic leaders & CEOs from The B Team urge US Congress to support legislation to curb use of anonymous companies
Author: 12 civic leaders & CEOs from The B Team
"US government action on anonymous companies is crucial in global effort to fight corruption," 30 April 2019...
Author: The B Team (USA)
Today students all over the world are taking part in #YouthStrike4Climate demanding climate action for their futures. You all have my full support. Thank you for the bravery & passion you show. #FridaysForFuture #GlobalStrike4Climate pic.twitter...
- Related stories: Young people stage global climate strike in 123 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Climate justice Latest news on Children Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Kering Unilever Virgin Group
Young people stage global climate strike in 125 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
Young people rallied on 15 March to press politicians to act on climate change - the global climate strike took place in over 2000 locations in 125 countries on all continents, including Antarctica. Their message is that "last year’s UN Intergovernmen...
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Author: Natasha Turak, CNBC
"Mark Mobius doesn’t think anyone should be investing in Saudi Arabia", 8 January 2019...
Business leaders urge EU to ensure climate targets are aligned with just transition to net-zero emissions
Author: Sam Morgan, EURACTIV.com
Business leaders have urged the EU to scrap greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 and increase climate ambition in time to stick to the Paris Agreement, in a letter seen by EURACTIV....