Headquarters in United Kingdom
Access Now urges action by 22 internet, mobile & telco cos., based on 2018 Corporate Accountability Index
Author: Access Now
In August 2018, Access Now wrote to the heads of 22 internet, mobile and telecommunications companies, outlining specific steps they can take to improve their disclosures about the policy and practices they use to safeguard digital rights. The lette...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Etisalat Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Tencent Twitter Vodafone Yandex
Author: The B Team
Some of the world’s biggest companies... together with The B Team, have today set out a new set of Responsible Tax Principles designed to raise the bar in how businesses should approach tax practice. ...
The Responsible Tax Principles have been developed by The B Team and a group of leading companies, through engagement with civil society organisations, institutional investors and international institutions. So far the Principles have been endorsed by...
Author: The B Team
This document sets out The B Team Responsible Tax Principles which have been developed through dialogue with a group of leading companies, convened by The B Team with contributions from civil society, institutional investors and international...
EU's proposed Multilateral Investment Court will further expand corporate privileges at the expense of human rights, says NGO report
A World Court for Corporations: How the EU Plans to Entrench and Institutionalize Investor-State Dispute Settlement
Author: CIEL, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, & Seattle to Brussels Network
...The European Commission...[has proposed]..a multilateral mechanism for investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS)--referred to by the Commission as a Multilateral Investment Court...The proposed global investor court threatens to lock in the highly...
- Related stories: EU's proposed Multilateral Investment Court will further expand corporate privileges at the expense of human rights, says NGO report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on ISDS Latest news on proposed binding treaty
- Related companies: Chevron Deutsche Bank Goldcorp IBM Newcrest Vodafone