Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Author: World Benchmarking Alliance
The Automotive Benchmark measures and ranks the world’s leading auto manufacturers. Will they meet the below 2°C warming limit goal set by the Paris Agreement? Are they doing what’s necessary to move to a low carbon economy?...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP25 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy
- Related companies: BMW Daimler Dongfeng Motor FAW Fiat Chrysler Ford Geely General Motors Honda Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Mazda Mitsubishi Group Nissan PSA Peugeot Citroën Renault Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Suzuki Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tesla Motors Toyota Volkswagen
Author: David Ehl, DW
“Volkswagen defends presence in China's Xinjiang amid uproar over Uighur abuses”, 26 November 2019...
- Related companies: Volkswagen
Author: Cecilia Jamasmie, Mining.com
"Europe-led global certification scheme for raw materials expected in 2020," 30 October 2019....
The Volkswagen Group welcomes the increased interest in the dynamic field of business and human rights and the new depth of benchmarks and ratings. We thus appreciate the snapshot benchmark by the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, and...
The AFL-CIO report "The Double Standard at Work: European Corporate Investment and Workers' Rights in the American South", published in October 2019 examines European companies’ choices on workers’ organizing rights in Southern states of the United...
- Related stories: European companies respond to AFL-CIO report alleging use of anti-union tactics in American South
- This is a non response from the following companies: Volkswagen
Report raises concerns about potential complicity in corruption among companies buying cobalt from DRC
In 2019, Resource Matters published a report alleging that companies producing technology that requires cobalt (such as cell phones, cars, or others with rechargeable batteries) are unable to avoid the potential corruption in the DRC. The report links...
Commentary: Recognising corporate watchdogs as an integral part of ethical outsourcing could help improve current auditing system
Author: Peter Bengtsen, Le Monde diplomatique
"Mica mining, why watchdogs count", April 2019...
Author: Concepcion Alvarez, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Quand les industriels américains se rebellent contre la politique anti-climat de Donald Trump », 17 septembre 2019...