Headquarters in Germany
No website found for VWind
Company Response Platform | Briefing | Press Release Also see case studies & our previous outreach
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In relation to reported negative human rights impacts by PMSCs, some continue to occur in areas of conflict or weak governance such as Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia, but we have seen a rising of reports alleging abuses in other regions, especially in...
- Related stories: Blackwater USA lawsuit (re 16 Sep 2007 Baghdad incident) KBR lawsuits (re alleged rapes in Iraq)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Askar Security Services Blackwater Delta Protection Dinant G4S Hi Tan Security InfraVest (part of VWind) KBR Olive Group Orion Security (Honduras) Prosegur Serco UPS VWind
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
...In October 2013, after a 3-month halt, it was reported that InfraVest tried to restart the wind turbine construction one night. Local residents who tried to stop them said construction workers and security guards used violence against them...and...
Author: Compiled by Busiess & Human Rights Resource Centre
[R]esidents of Yuanli Township launched protests against a wind turbine construction project by InfraVest...Residents...are concerned about the density and close proximity of turbines to their homes; and scientific reports indicating there could be a...
- Related in-depth areas: Company responses/non-responses re impacts of planned InfraVest wind turbines in Yuanli, Taiwan
- Related companies: InfraVest (part of VWind) Standard Chartered VWind